Worry

Worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry! I am sooooo fed up with it. In fact I should change this post to bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. It is very tedious to read about it, so apologies for that, but beieve me it's worse living it. Any ideas? Long sleeved cream linen shirt that ties at the back?

Comments

• What do you worry about Juggi if you do not mind me asking?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Are you worrying about things that might happen, things that probably will happen, or things that in all honesty are never likely to happen but there's just a tiny chance that they might so you feel you have to pick over them for anything that you might need to worry about?

Or all three?

Been there, done that.

Write all the things you are worrying about down.

Rearrange the list into the three categories.

For the "probably will happen"s - think of ways you can cope with them

For the "only might happen"s - write a date next to them when you allow yourself to start worrying about them, if they are still relevant.

For the "teeny chance" ones - score them out.

It's rather theraputic, and you then don't have to worry that you have forgotten to worry about something, because it's on your list.
  • Further to Nessie - and when it does happen, you can cross it off. And when something happens that you didn't forsee, you can add it to the list, and then cross it off. Oh, the joys of lists....
  • Thanks stellina and nessie. To be honest I seem to worry about lots of things I am bored to tears by it so won't inflict the details on you. Health features largely and worrying about my children. Hardly uusual I'm sure, but all consuming at the moment (for a while, actually). Nessie I shall write a list as you suggest and see what happens.
  • smash, didn't mean to leave you out!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Yes, Smash, and you can also cross things off when they don't happen.

If you use a different colored pen, you can then see how may things you worried about never actually happened.

In my experience, that happens quite a lot.
  • ((((((((((((((jiggi)))))))))))))

Im not suprised in a way-with the year you have had

this may be a normal reaction to what has happened
    it does usually get beter too
  • I think you are all right. The problem with talking about it is you have to start from scratch, cold, if you see whatI mean and I'm not really sure where to begin. I did speak to my GP who told me to keep running which I am trying to do but it feels tough at the moment. Not sure about Gp because when I mentioned Mum dying she really didn't pick up on it at all just told me to keep running_ a strategy of sorts and at least practical! Not really sure what I expected her to say, though.
  • Jiggi, I do not know you, but just from what I have gathered from this forum it looks like it would be of anormous help for you to talk to somebody trained to listen. If you can't afford it, I think that your GP could refer you to a counsellor.

I have a friend who has been treated for her food-related troubles on the NHS, she wasn't particulalry bad, just she's not Britsh and was able to whinge loudly to her gp about it (I'm not British either just in case you're wondering) -

the death of a parent can trigger a lot of stuff, I hope you can sort it out.

I really wish you all the best and that you can come out from this sad patch.
  • Jiggi -- I think Hoose is on the right track. I've been in a position of worrying constantly about something which in all honesty, has every chance of occurring. The problem is, I can't really do anything about it if it does happen. So essentially, for me it's been a battle to manage things. I try to live in a more 'real' way at the moment - where things which make me happy, I focus upon. Things which make me sad, I give them their due time limit and attention and then consign them to the grey dustbin.

I think the strategy Hoose has talked about - giving the negative things space, really helps because it almost normalises something and makes it more manageable. When in fact it isn't really like that, it is simply the human ability to adapt to situations taking over and making you probem solve. Have a bit of faith in you and your abilities and it will work out.
  • I was going to suggest CRUSE too
  • Jiggi - I went through caring for my mother until she died a while back. No mean feat for a middle aged bloke without support and the effects are still being felt, in particular I developed anxiety problems which I am only now beginning to overcome and may well be linked to my BP prob (QV elsewhere) so I am with you 100per cent. Advice - 1. make time for yourself to go running or go anything really, but for me arsing about in the hills is the one cure that works. 2. Quietly and progressively accept the things you feel bad about and that it is not bad to have these feelings.
    3. Don't even think about medical solutions to anxiety. 4. You will be OK.
  • Cath, PH and TP hank you all. I shall reflect on your wise words. x