Collage photo

I notice on the Action photo site they are now offering a collage photo as part of each runner's gallery. My husband has a photo of him crossing the line, but I still don't. Does the fact that they have now included this generic collage photo mean that all the race photos are now loaded and I am not going to get a line-crossing photo or is there still hope?

Comments

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there's still more photo's to put up.

I've got 8 on there now, yet there was only 3 a couple of days ago.
  • I believe that until you see your finishing photo. (ie the one taken automatically as you cross the line) they are still adding photos to your file!
  • What's worrying me is: what if they don't have a picture of me crossing the line? I stopped my stopwatch as I crossed, as we all always do, so am afraid I may have obscured my number.

Has anyone who finished in 4:16 or later (4:22 when I crossed the line) got their finishing photos yet? I know they put them on in finishing order so I am hoping they are still working their way to me. My husband finished in 4:02 and has had his finishing photo put up.
  • I must admit that this is worrying me a little too!

Mrs CH and I were holding hands as we finished and hoping to be able to make a feature of the resulting photo...but nothing.

We have a picture of the pair of us wearing our finishers medals (already up on the actionphoto site) but its not the same.

Oh well, if there's no piccie we'll just have to run again next year.

CH
  • my finishing line photo was up within days, and a couple of others have been added since.

I agree that it appears that the addition of the "collage" photo to your portfolio is probably indicative that that's your lot.
  • I'm confused too coz I thought the finish line photo was supposed to be the last, and now two more have been added, from further back in my run. V confusing.
    Plus, call me a pedant, or worse, forgetful, but is that a picture of this year's runners running round the Cutty Sark, or a short from a previous year? I'm sure there was scaffolding and the like up all round that bit...
  • I'm now talking about the mood shots used on the collage pic - sorry.
  • I have 3 line crossing photos .
  • I didn't have one last time I looked
  • i have a photo of me crossing hte line and I have the collage photo too...

but

i sifted through the unidentified photos today and found 2 more of me. it was a bloody painful process though and some photos are so dark that you can't see much within.

You may have to resort to this as a last resort???

• As we speak, I have just gone onto the site and another photo has appeared so they are still posting new photos.

There may be hope for others.

I look hideous though!!!! but the have managed to get BigBen in the photo too which is cool.
  • Rocks, Swiss Bobby and Hilly, you all had super-respectable finishing times, didn't you? Because you were all way, way ahead of me I am hoping that they might still get to me.

Crash Hamster and Ironwolf, what were your finishing times? I am really hoping that they haven't finished yet because I would hate to have missed that photo. It took me three years to get a ballot place for this year - I may well be too old to be photogenic next time I get in ;-)
  • Thanks for the update, RRR, our posts crossed. I haven't even attempted to go to the unidentified photos because I assumed that with 30 000 runners it would be quicker just to rerun the route. Is there any short cut to make the process easier?
  • Trust me, it's a painful process.... And obviously because they are unidentifiable you must sift through them all...... at the various locations.

Fingers crossed that you get sorted out with a photo.

• RC it took them months last year to find me. be patient
  • RC

We finished in 5:15:32 chip time, so we may be near bottom of the pile (hopefully!)
  • Thick first timer again:-
    Action photo said pre-flm they would 'automatically' send out to every runner photos 4-6 weeks after, with all the 'clever' stuff like finishing time, etc added.

Is this the same as the stuff now on the web site with 'order' beneath each pic, does anyone know which is the best way to deal with this?

• I've been assured by someone on another thread (sorry, can't remember who) that the pics will be sent out in the post, eventually.
    It's all a matter of patience it seems!
  • Er, without sounding completely stupid, does the collage actually have pictures of you. 1. I cannot see me on the collage, and 2. the collage has pictures of parts of the route different to the snapshots of me on the site. Surely, this would mean more pictures???
  • Chesterimp - I'm sure they will also post the pictures. It's the same people who did Reading and we got our pictures in the post then.

MTF - I'm assuming that if you order the collage they ask you to specify which pic of you you want added to the blank spot. I am tempted, but have to check A Twist's theory of it not being this year's pictures first.

A separate issue - does it make me a stalker if I order pictures of Paula? It's just I am so impressed by her run I really would love some, but it does seem a very creepy thing to do.
  • I don't think it makes you a stalker at all-I have done the ultimate vanity thing and ordered one that was in the Daily Mail of the start because my face is in the left hand corner. My justification is that in what other sport would you be allowed to start next to the world record holder? Can't imagine me lining up next to Michael Schumacker in my peugeot 405, with my Garage guys doing that sharp intake of breath thing when I pull in for a tyre change- "Well we've another MOT to do then you're next, leave us the keys and it'll be ready by Monday" (Might make me watch the grand prix if they did though).

• 1. No, it doesn't make RC a stalker but I'd like to see their reaction when they receive her request !!! A few eyebrows raised I'd imagine!

2. What are you on about in that last sentence, Monique ?!?!?! Read it about 4 or 5 times ans still don't know what you meant?!

• I have had a few glasses of Baileys and gone into my own little world sorry about that Wayfarer- I have a relationship with two guys who have the garage right on my doorstep and I'm always going in with broken windows from the robbers that live round here and ignorant questions about tracking and they always have other jobs on so I leave my car with them till they've got time- it was just a funny mental picture I had of them doing the tyre change on my Peugeot during the Grand prix- after finishing the Fiesta that's having it's emissions check. It's only funny because they have a really unhurried attitude- or maybe it's me that's frantic.

• Pardon ?!?! Just about made sense of that one - only just !!!

Go easy on the Baileys !!!
  • Thanks, Monique, I might just order one then. Sorry to sound really weird, but I even want one of the pacemakers. Those guys are awesome! Imagine being that good that there are only a handful of people in the world who can do your job.

I have an enviable statistic of Paula Radcliffe having set a world best 100% of the times she has raced against me (oh, all right then, run in the same race as me). If they are talking about having to pay her $1m for her next appearance imagine how much I'd be worth!
  • Tee hee Monique - I got your F1 story. Good comparison !

I've looked at Paulas photos but they've messed up. Where is the one of her holding the medal up and grinning ? Tut tut tut....
  • Monique, I am far, far more impressed by your lining up with Paula than I would be if you were on the grid with Schumacher. In fact, I even reran my FLM tape to see if I could spot you. Wouldn't do that for F1.

No, I really am not a stalker...
  • RatcatcherRatcatcher ✭✭✭
    Great news! I have just been back and they do have a picture of me crossing the line. And it is just as I'm stopping my watch so my number is totally obscured, but they've still managed to identify me. I'm looking down at my watch and you can't even see my face so it must have been done by my clothes alone. They must have people manually going through all the photographs and sorting them out just by matching with photographs that do have numbers. I am incredibly impressed - this must so labour-intensive. Well done, Action Photo!