My shoes hate me!

Went out for a little run on Monday this week...

Usual route, shoes, speed, socks, etc...

No slips or twists or sudden stops or starts etc....

Tuesday morning one knee is incredibly painful and feels quite swollen to move (but no external swelling) and I have shin splint type pain in lower external parts of both legs.

My question is - is it possible for my shoes to suddenly give up the ghost?

They are not brand new but not old either and a brand I've used before but they are the only thing I can think of which could cause me such problems...

Comments

• Are they Nikes - I believe they can die overnight if the air thingy gets a puncture?
  • I am having a similar problem - Started running late last year with a lot of problems with my right knee and plantar fascitis. changed my shoes to Adidas Motion control and the problems went away - recently however (after only 200 miles) my knee has started hurting again - like yourself I am thinking it may be my shoes - maybe my weight (16stone)means that they have give up the ghost earlier than expected! I would be interested to hear other views as well!
  • Yes Sluggie - they are Nike....

Will try a short run tomorrow in another pair - non Nike - and if there's no reoccurence that may well be the answer..

Dave M - weight could also be an issue - I've been out for 6 months post surgery and have put on an awful lot of weight despite my best intentions.....perhaps I need to remember how hard that will be on both my shoes and my joints compared to previously ;((