Denstone half marathon

Anyone doing this race on Sunday 13th October ? It is near Uttoxeter off the A50. Haven't seen much advertising for it, eg not in RW or runningdiary.co.uk. I found out about it from Midland Vets as it incorporates their championship.

Comments

• As you don't seem to have been inundated with replies maybe this crumb of info will help! (info supplied by a vet. who hasn't done it but knows about it through her club colleagues).
    Denstone is a bit unusual in that it isn't an accurately measured half marathon. the reason for this is that it is not all on roads, it's got at least one off road xc section.
    There, that's it!
  • I shall be running this + a few friends. I have run it several times in the past and always thought it was accurate except for one year when the whole field was sent the wrong way!! Usually very well organised but quite tough. The first time I ran I was disconcerted by the distant sound of screaming - this comes from nearby Alton Towers! The course is quite challenging (i.e. hilly!) and is a mixture of road and trails, some of which will be quite boggy if we get more rain tonight.