Headsweats - IMDE '06 order

Comments

• order placed, 28 hats ordered, 4 free ones for the prizegiving on the Monday.

;-)
  • I placed my order on the 13th when i missed the final posts on here and it arrived this morning. Great service. And i now have a hat and headscarf in a very piraty yellow. Think i may get those print yourself iron-on transfers so that i can have a skull n crossbone on the front.

• I have just received the confirmation from them that I have a tracking number already so its winging its way over with all the hats in stock so everyone will get them b4 Germany !
  • Will you be distributing in Germany or do you need our addresses etc?

I would be happy to send extra money for postage as well as helping out your luggage allowance.
  • I will distribute when I get them, leave the p&p for now as I should be able to get it free at work. I will ask for addresses once I get the stuff.

And Gumps you have mail.
  • IR = 35, 163, 165
    Firestar (pd)= 35, 159, 163
    RichM (pd)= 102, 133
    Leo M (pd)= 165
    cougie (pd)= 35
    Ironmike (pd)= 48, 165
    Zilla (pd)= 165
    Barley (pd)= 163
    mellifera (pd)= 133
    Garr (pd)= 12
    Cartman (pd)= 163, 165
    AnnaSpanna (pd)= 35, 163
    oxy (pd)= 165
    debbo (pd)= 35, 165
    Gumps (pd)= 35, 165
    Pebble (pd)= 165
    DTs (pd)= 165
    Mr M (pd)= 133

All present and correct ;-)
  • thanks for the heads up regarding the website.

tried out my yellow hat i ordered from that website.

it was great in the absolutely steamingly hot saturday afternoon 3 hour run i did. wish i had the lawrence hat for that! but come ironman i won't be running in the sun much so i'll be fine.

now i've just got to get the skull and crossbones onto it. maybe put my name on it, but that could just get confusing - not knowing if someone actually knows me when they call my name might start freaking me out a bit after 14 hours on the move!
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    But you'll have your name on your number anyway JD, so people will shout out your name.
  • ah, then they'll just be mumbling my name towards my crotch, not my head!

actually i'd forgotten that, so i'll stick with a delicate pirate branding then.
  • Have just been phoned by FedEx, they are hitting me for vat, import duty and admin charges, bunch of w*nkers, for a few hats !!!!! Totals about £80

Those free hats are likely to be sold now to recoup my expenses !!!

Will let you know when they get past the hitlers at Stansted.
  • Well don't let yourself get out of pocket-we can all chip in a few quid more to sort you out if you can't sell them.
  • lol- what a bunch of tossers, as IM says, just charge us all a bit more, no one will mind.
  • Yep, quite happy to chip in my share of excess, just let me know the cost
  • thanks, that wasn't the reason for the rant I am sure if I had asked everybody would have chipped in. Downside is the reason for ordering them in one go was to keep the price down ;-(

Seems that Headsweats were kind enough to put the full value on the outside which I didn't consider so the VAT is based on the order value of £360.

I will sort something out don't worry, once I receive the hats I will see what extras we have, Lindi is already after a hat and I am sure there were others that missed the order. I will get most of it back if not all of it but a few quid here and there isn't an issue.

I am not going to make a thing out of it until I get the hats and find out how many we have.
  • that happens sometimes with US orders... it's the luck of the draw

the good news (for some point in the future) was that i was chatting with mr headsweat at arizona (every finisher got an embroidered finisher hat - coooool) and he's getting a UK distributor this year, so it will all become easier. unless it's those welsh idiots who couldn't sort out the first pirate kit order.
  • Pebble 2Pebble 2 ✭✭✭
    Welsh idiots hey Mr Collier !!
  • Sorted.

Stuff being released today and will hopefully be with me this week.

Nick
  • Pebble - that's not saying that all welsh people are idiots.

especially not ones built like brick *hithouses.

but the particular welsh people we tried to deal with for the first pirate kit order were idiots. (assuming that completely ignoring potential clients and giving the worst service imaginable isn't a trait normally associated with good business sense)
  • Shame about all this hold up in customs-i could really have done with my laurence of arabia baseball hat over this weekend. I've gone nice and pink...
  • sorry mate.

However, we now have the package delivered, all items accounted for and by all accounts (kels) the arabia hats are superb and so is the yellow match for the pirate visors. The other hats are fine too but she wasn't bothered by them lol !!!

Once I get back and check them tonight I will let you know when they will be on their way.
  • Excellent. About to set off on another longish run to top up my pinkness.
  • You all have mail.

The hats look the dogs danglies and I hope you are all happy with them. The only ones that are slightly larger in size are the yellow and white sprint hats but they all have elastic pull clasps so they should all fit.

If we are organised enough for next year and people like the look of them the pirate yellow with the skull and crossbones on will look SUPERB !!!
  • oxy and barley are the only 2 not to respond yet. if you want them sent, let me know, if not I will just take tem with me guys.

All others have been sent as of 4 minutes ago ;-)
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    "The hats look the dogs danglies"

you didn't SAY they were novelty hats...
  • IR I didnt have an email from you (I dont think).

I'll email you my address later, its up to you if you want to post or hand it to me at Germany.

Thanks for organising all this.
  • Rosey - a question unrelated to this thread.

My x -lab flat wing doesn't fit my new saddle no matter how mush I try. The only way to do this would be to bend it significantly. This saddle (selle strike evo) is the most comfortable thing I have ever sat on so that is not going to change.

I know you have the saddlewing so my question relates to this. The rails of this saddle are quite far apart so I anticipate if I got the saddle wing I would have to extend it slightly by bolting an additional bar of metal on - are the mounting plate of the saddle wing flat (I can't work it out from web pictures)?

A lot of waffle for a yes or No answer!
  • don't worry mate, I have sent you a reply.
  • gumps, I will take a picture of the x lab tonight and put it on my site and you can see for yourself, its a bit hard to explain really.