Ideas for club runs

My club are after ideas for runs that are a change from the usual "go out and run at whatever pace." We run round streets in the winter and roads/lanes/fields/etc in the summer.
Paces range from 7 to 12 minute miles approximately.

Suggestions so far have been a hash and a "pairs" run which we did last year (fast and slow runners paired, run in opposite directions on a "circular" route, turn round when they meet. First pair back to the start are the winners).

Any other ideas?

Comments

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    I'm not in a club, so I've not tried this, but I heard about a "negative splitting" run, where all the runners start their watches and set out together, and then after a set time (say 30 mins) everybody turns round and runs back, so that the person with the best negative split wins. Sounded quite good to me...

(Obviously, there would be a temptation to "sandbag" on the way out, but that would be against the spirit!)
  • Thanks for those, Daz and JJ.

JJ
    The "pairs" idea was yours and went down well last year. We've done the estimated time one as a fund-raiser for an event several members were taking part in - always good fun.

I like the idea of the social run. What makes you think I want to see the whippets?
    :-)

The car park run might be tricky - the nearest would be about 15 miles away but there must be about ten there, so it would be great distance training!