Cabbage Patch and Kingston runners

Dear all
Sorry to post this thread on this Forum and not in the general/ beginners forum but I know there are a few of you who read this forum I'd be grateful for some advice.
Just wondering what your training plans are for this week , anyone running tonight for example?
I'm a bit new to all this running lark and want to go out running tonight but don't know if I should let my body recover the day after a race or not.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
TB

Comments

• Hi TB,

Did you race at Kingston yesterday? In that case take the day off today, you've definitely earned it. Don't worry too much about running this week, and certainly don't do anything too hard. A medium length mid pace run mid week is worthwhile, and maybe a short slow run Friday or so.

The theory is that it's too late now to get any training benefit, so don't stress your body and rest a bit. Doing gentle running is still good for you psychologically though.

venom
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to do a great deal if i have races a week apart. I would suggest at most a couple of short runs this week or an easy gym session if you are a member anywhere. I generally believe that if I am tired midweek then I don't run & save my energy for a w/e run. Good luck on Sunday - my no is posted on venom's list.
  • Hi TB,

I'm only doing a 5 mile tempo run on Wednesday night and that's it.

Caz.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    I went out for a steady run last night and completely died! It doesnt help that I cycle to and from work and that I ran after a really hard cycle home in the wind and rain.

I am going to try and do another 3 miles maybe today and Friday, just to try and get my legs moving a bit.