Options

Exmoor Stagger 15

WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
I have decided to try my legs out on this challenge as I have been working my way through the Somerset Race Series.

I appreciate that this race has a lot of climbing (about 1800ft) but I am seeing conflicting information on the distance to be run. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Comments

• Options

The Exmoor Seaview 17 is actually 20 and was measured as the crow flies, I have no idea about this one but would be interested to find out ?
  • Options
    It's probably only 15. It just feels like a lot more.
  • Options
    The T-shirt says it's 15. How are you getting on with the Somerset Series??? Am thinking of doing it next year.
  • Options
    WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    LW*, I am currently enjoying an artificially high position in the Series (second based on races run 6/8 and points accumulated 146). There are a lot of much stronger runners behind me who have just done less races but with better positions.

I have been trying to maintain top-20 positions which would see me finish with 160 points and a probable top-ten placing in the series. However I had a bit of a 'mare' in the "Easter Bunny 10K" finishing outside the top-50 which has skewed my scoring and hence my desire to do more than the mandatory 8 races to remove that blot from my series record.
  • Options
    WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    Well my entry has gone off - I guess that I had better try and spend a bit more time on my feet.
  • Options
    Wrinty, Distance is more or less 15 miles depending on which Garmin to believe and 1800 ft?? Try 3300 ft!!... so get them there feet going uphill as much as poss.
  • Options
    EF, Thanks for that - I was comfortable with the distance and to a lesser extent the climbing. It is the fact that the course is 'out and back' and at some stage I am going to drop 3300ft which sounds like a long way down!!!