Over 60s training.

Comments

• JJ
    I still couldn't keep up with the likes of Ceal even if I dressed and entered as a female! And I dread to think if we did too good a job of it....we'd be running like mad to get away from amorous males. No, like you say JJ don't think about it.

Ceal
    Why they couldn't reward you for being first lady v/60 beats me. It wouldn't have broken the bank. Great though ain't it, getting there before anyother of your group.
    So far, you,JJ and Pussy have all achieved excellent times of late. I'll have to pull my socks up!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    LI
    Your socks are already pulled up, you improve every time you run. I bet you will still be improving when we reach our plateau. You have further to go and you will get there soon.
  • LI.
    Just you keep making steady progress. That way you avoid injuries. We're in it for the long haul. The important thing is to keep enjoying the challenge and to be quietly proud, and grateful, that we can still do it.

What's the next challenge for you?
    JJ
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ
    What's with this 'quietly proud' bit, I like to mke a big noise about our achievments!!!!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Just been for a 36 min gentle jog during this time I was deliberating as to whether or not let you look at a pikki of me or not. Having got back I though why not let eveybody have good laugh! Click on to www.digitography.co.uk then onto May 11th Daffodil Run Sandringham. followed by 2 0f 3 half marathon, the one on the right. The number photo you are looking for is DSC 0143. I think it was taken near the end of the first lap, on a road section. I look rather b-----d. However, I think I always look like that when I am running. However, the stance is a little strange.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say double click on photo for larger horror shot!
  • Wow Ceal, what a fine pair of long legs!!!

Hi Peeps, Went to see the physio yesterday. Took many articles about ITB friction that I downloaded to show her. She agreed with me and sent me to a running shop to buy some anti pronation insoles. I am also wearing a special belt around my hips and have a list of stretchings to do. Let's see what happens.

My shoes are Mizuno Wave Rider. I got them from Runners Need, a very good shop in London.
    Well, I hope you all fine!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud
    At last someone who listened to you. Sounds very positive.
    I still haven't got you with that information, I am waiting to hear back from someone.
    However, you have got to give yours new shoes etc a fair go as it were.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ
    You are very kind and flattering in saying I look determined. I thought I looked a slice or two short of a loaf of bread! But yes I have to say war paint and different hair style (especially without the sweat)and posh trousers and top, (I hardly ever wear dresses), do make an immense difference. Yes I am sure that I loose 10 yrs easily!!!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud,
    The number for the knee wrap is 01727 866627
    Her name is Shirley Welch, she is very easy to talk to. Do not feel obligated to call, however, suggest you put the numbe safe somewhere. I shall not mention it again unless you bring up the subject first.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    LI
    How is Margaret's running coming on? Is she still keen?
  • Ceal
    At the moment Margaret hasn't got any further on that score. I'm not going to push her, its really up to her to decide whether to get into it. But, we shall see.

Travelled to your pic site and you look a very potent lady with those long strong legs! You could run me to the ground with them. I can't refer to any website for any of my "running" photos.
    Tell you what, I'll send you one via e-mail if thats okay.
    Impey
  • Ceal. I didn't mean 'posh frock'literally.
    Anyway, sounds stunning. Next time you get dressed up come over to the thread and give us a virtual twirl!
    JJ
    ps. Don't forget that ladies 'glow'. I shall draw me own conclusions.
    :-))
    JJ

• LI
    Your turn for the photo gallery will come my lad. We can wait!
    JJ
  • JJ
    Whats that emoticon? Does :-)) mean you are VERY happy........
  • One nice thing about the Forum. Everyone's prepared to let others see what they look like regardless of how old or knackered or dishevelled they look. That's how everyone looks when they race (except Monique) and we all know its different at other times.
    JJ
  • LI
    It's a sideways smiley face. That one means it's just a joke.
    JJ
  • Thank you for the number Ceal.

Best wishes everyone!
  • <Puts head round the door to see if anyone's in>
    Nope? Ah well, I shall go to the Dog & Rabbit for a pint or two and some crisps.
    Catch up with you later.
    JJ
  • JJ
    Hope we haven't said owt wrong you and I.
    Ceal hasn't been back on. But then, there may be other matters keeping her too busy for forums just now.
    Weather has been in storming form. Lots of hail and downpours in general today so not been out running. Had a session in gym this aft.
    A bit of data from Saturday's 10k......I finished in 463 position out of a field of 636. In the over 60s bunch, position 11th out of 22 similarly aged runners. So looking at it another way, there were 162 younger people behind me at finish(If my sums are right). That must be of some encouragement!!
    Don't know about a pint...I like a few tots of malt whisky meself. Funny though,I used to be an avid pint man!
    Seeya,Impey.
  • Thought it was you I saw down the Dog and Rabbit, JJ. Love the frock. Just checking that you are keeping up the pace. Some good results - so think that it is time to retire. No time for a chat - except to say that I also wear Asics Gel Kayano and I don't know the meaning of foot or leg problems. And what is a blister? Am I lucky, or what. Shearing sheep tomorrow so off to round them up for overnight housing. Now you know where I do my training! The little buggers are faster than me - and getting faster.

Get away back.
    P
  • Hello P.
    Does someone whistle at you to tell you which way to go when you're rounding them up?

Are these little buggers a new dwarf breed? I suppose they're more economical 'cos you can get more to the acre?
    JJ

• LI.
    Typical females - fickle. They've probably found some young physio over on 'Injuries' who's massaging their....egos?

That finishing position probably makes you fitter than about 99.7% (or similar) of Over 60s in the country. A target I always aim at, and it's useful because it's not time-based, is to finish always in the top half of the field. That's why I found my top 1/3rd finish in the FLM so very satisfying in spite of missing my time target.

And think, if you keep up the training the only way is up - for a few more years anyway.
    JJ
  • I'm over the moon at the moment. My home town Lincoln have won tonight and will be in the play-off final at Cardiff.
    Thats a signal for another whisky.

Also you've encouraged me again,JJ !

'night all.
    Impey.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ
    I hope that you had a couple of glasses of red wine lined up for me.

Sorry not been around today. Decided at last minute to drive to S London to see my daughter, got back early evening to greet my son who is staying on his way up to Sheffield tomorrow to see a girlfriend. The funeral is not until next Wednesday. We have cancelled our holiday. Stewart and I did not have the heart on this occassion to go on our own, as it had been planned as a family celebration for S's 50th Birthday.

I went for an hours run this evening , quite pacy but definately way off eye-ball stuff.
    Ist there any way of doing a spell check on these postings? I usually do mine without glasses on, then another time I have my glases on and have a fit when I read what I wrote!
  • Ceal.
    I'm having a tough business week so far, and a couple of v. late nights. My running has definitely been substandard as well. There's no escaping that it's all interconnected. As soon as things settle down the running will be back to normal.

Ther's nofthink yu can doo abowt the speling. Even if yoo rite it corretly the internet Spellhacker will get at it. He lurks.
    JJ
  • Cheers LI. Hope they make it.
    JJ
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ
    sorry your having a bad time at work. I hope that does not mean Mrs JJ is having a bad time a well. Yes it does affect the running doesn't.

LI
    sorry I cannot get excited about football, I live with an avid Spurs supporter.

Oh well you will have to live with my bad spelling.