Hypochondriacs Anonymous

Anybody other hypochondriacs here to start a support group?

I knew I was prone to this disease when after reading my running injuries book I immediately suffered every symptom described. Today however it reached a new level...
I was out orienteering which means struggling up and down slippery hills and through trees. I was a bit concerned about the outside of my left leg as it cramped up last week and started pulling painfully on my hip and knee, and though it is under control now by stretching I feel it burn a bit there every now and then.
After I finished I touched my thigh and to my horror found a painful ridge on that leg, a narrow band starting at mid thigh and running across to the side of my leg. A torn muscle! Serious damage!
After a while I realised that I was still walking pain free and sneaked behind a car to have a look. A bluish soft raised throbbing line... can varicose veins suddenly appear like that?

When my brain had recovered from lack of oxygen it I realised that it was just a bruise - it now looks like a red line with blue edges, I suppose I hit a branch. I bruise easily and it's not the first time I've bruised myself withou really noticing, and I probably had my mind on finding the next control anyway.

So, what is the most dramatic injury you ever though you had that turned out to be something completely innocent?

Comments