Great North - 3 weeks

Just a quick request for a "what to do now".. my ankle has been giving me problems for the past few weeks. I've changed my trainers and they seem to just about right now - however, too much running around town in flat shoes with not cushioning has aggravated my ankle (yes I know..), which feels sort of like a shin splint on the inside of my left leg and my ankle is pretty sore.

I'm supposed to be running the GNR in a few weeks and as I've now got quite a bit in sponsorship don't want to pull out - I will walk it if I have to.

What's the best thing for me to do now? The ankle gives me some jip when I start running on it, but this goes after a couple of miles.. should I continue to train on it, or would it be best for me to just do non-impact stuff and try to get my fitness and endurance up in ways that won't hurt (elliptical/swimming)? My longest run has still only been 6 miles, so I'm resigned to run/walk anyway.

We have a fizz in work I could see, but she only works two days a week and I won't be able to get in to see her until the middle of next week now anyway.

Once this run is over, I'm going to take it easy and build up really slowly from scratch again, I'd just appreciate some advice as what would be the best thing for me to do for the next three weeks!

Comments