Chi Running Training Workshop by Catherina McKiernan

Catherina won silver in the World Cross Country championships four
years in succession from 1992 to 1995.In April 1998, she became the first Irish person to win the London Marathon. And won the Amsterdam marathon in a time of 2.22.23 which is the current Irish marathon record.
She is now a qualified ChiRunning instructor, teaching the correct mechanics for effortless injury free running. See her website www.runcatherina.com

Chi Running is a method of running which combines the principles of Tai Chi with running, and leads to a way of running with less percieved effort, and a huge reduction in the chance of injury. see www.chirunning.com for more details.

Catherina will be running a workshop on 4th Nov in North Wales at the Colwyn Leisure Center, Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay, North Wales. (https://www.conwy.gov.uk/section.asp?doc=2114&cat=1091)

Catherina says about the workshops:
You will learn all the basic ingredients of the ChiRunning® Technique. I will be guiding you through

many exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what the ChiRunning technique

feels like in your body. We will not be doing lots of running (contrary to what you might imagine), so

no matter what condition you’re in, have no fear. We will spend the day alternating between

demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drill. It will be a relaxed, enjoyable and inspiring day.

Here is a brief outline of what I will go through with you.

• The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
• The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
• Video analyses of your running
• Introduction to the ChiRunning® Form
• Posture, Lean, Lift
• Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
• Learning to Use Your Gears
• Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
• Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
• Run Various Speeds While Conserving Energy
• Run Uphill and Downhill Safely and Efficiently
• Questions and Answers
There will be handouts available on the day too.

Starting at 10am and with the formal workshop ending at 3pm though we have the room till 4pm for

questions and any overrunning in time. Lunch is between 1-2pm and there is a cafe on site for food and

refreshments. The venue has a track which we will use.

Catherina says to wear different coloured top to bottoms which are close fitting so she can assess our

running form well.

It will cost £135 per person. There is no need to have read the book before you come though it might

help to have an understanding of where these techniques are coming from. There will be books and DVD's

available to buy at the workshop.

There are a maximum of 15 places available on this workshop to ensure individual attention so book

your place now - I need £50 non-refundable deposit to secure a place. The remainder being due the week

before the workshop. You can pay by credit card through paypal to emma at seeds-of-light.co.uk

(replace the at with @ and remove spaces) or by PayPal mobile to 07796420156. Text me direct to give

me your name and contact details too. Alternatively you can send a cheque made out to Emma Sunerton-

Burl. First come first served for places.

Comments