Running shoes

Hi. I'm flat footed and I want to buy some new running shoes next month. Now, Dubai doesn't stock that great a range but any ideas would be great.
I need cushioning as I get sore knees otherwise.

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Hi Beth

If you're flat footed you probably overpronate, but you should get your gait or footfall analysed to make sure.

As for shoes, well, that's very much a personal preference. I find Nike antipronation shoes to be very comfy cushioning-wise for my relatively light weight, but there are more makers and models and variations out there than you can shake a physio's bill at. You'll have to spend some time trying on as many shoes as you can find, plastic card in hand.

Dare I say it, but that comes naturally to females anyway. Good luck and happy hunting!
  • Sore knees could be a result of overpronating too, so don't get too attached to the idea of having loads of cushioning (unless of course thats your preference)

Might be worth, as Mutley says, gtting an analysis!
  • Getting an analysis out here in Dubai would be about as difficult as finding a telephone box in London without a callgirl card inside, unfortunately (for my feet).
    Thanks anyway.
  • Try Tooting... THey don't have callgirl cards in those phone boxes!

Anyway! I reckon MC shoes/Support might help, but experimenting could prove expensive
  • Yo Beth, I have 'flat feet' I have been running in Brooks Beast over the last 6 months and my injurys have cleared up. However I would love to find some decent MC shoes that have more cushioning as my feet take a real pounding. The Beast is probablly to heavy for you anyway, your piccie suggests a more 'delicate' frame than mine! Good luck and let me know if you find anything decent.
  • Air Durhams are supposed to squidge a fair bit!
  • I have this thing against nike footwear. I have bought two pairs in the last 5 years and both have been relegated to 'spare shoes' and have also fallen apart despite little use. Anyone have different experience?...suppose I could go for my hatrick!