Barrow Boxing Day Handicap 6

It looks like I'll be visiting outlaws in Quorn this christmas. The race looks interesting, has anyone run this? What's it like - I haven't raced anything this short on the road for about five years, is it wise?

Comments

• I find this the most enjoyable race of the year! You set your own handicap so (if you're honest) you all finish at the same time. Or if the turkey's lying too heavy for some you can give them some encouragement as you pass them on the hills!
    Fantastic atmosphere, lots of fancy dress and hundreds of people saying 'why are we doing this?'! Go for it.
  • I'm visiting the outlaws too & usually LCFC have a home fixture to salvage me, but not this year!! So i'm looking at running this race. Does the race get full or is it wise to enter before the day? Obviously i don't know how much i'll be feeling the effects of too much grub (tea- total...) but i definitely need an escape plan. It sounds like a great atmosphere.
  • Hello,

I actually live in Barrow, but only started running recently....

Does anyone know the route? Are the hills really hard?

Might give it a go, but only running up to 4-5 mile runs at the moment, so not sure if it is wise?

Raks
  • I've just sent off my entry - first time for me. I see last year's entry was the 250 limit, so it looks as if it does fill up.
    The info I've got gives a route of turn right out of three crowns car park down North St, then right into Cotes Rd. At T-junction turn right in direction of Burton on the Wolds. Next T turn right up Nottingham Rd., leading back into North St.

• Thanks Nigel, I'll check the route out this weekend.

I only wanted to go and see if the barrow runners were a beginner friendly bunch of people!!
  • I'm in lough on Boxing day visiting the folks so quite fancy this.

Will mail the RO to see if there's OtD places left.
  • In the local paper tonight there's an article saying that 200 have already entered and that there are entries on the day. You need to register from 09:30am
  • Great. thanks for the info.

Assuming I can the family moving in time, I'll be there.