Saturday May 31st

Song lyrics anticipating the weather later on today.
Am posting now as I just won't have time later this morning.

what: cricket - Caldy 2nd XI v Lytham (away) - another long drive
why: it's match day
last hard day: Tue/Wed
last longish day: Sun
last rest day: Thu

Will miss my run as I always enjoy outings in warm weather - not least the post-run rehydration......have a good one everybody

Comments

• Another hot day here by the looks of thing's.

What: am 8M easy - pm hills

Why: to get stronger

Last hard: Tue
    Last rest: Yesterday

Will spend some time in the garden as well reading & gardening I expect.

Enjoy your running!
  • Sunshine out already.........nice!!

What: Weights
    Why: My gym day
    Last Hard: thurs + Fri
    Last Rest: Weds

Enjoy
  • BodBod ✭✭✭
    Rest Day today, 10k tomorrow, results sun evening - going for broke, trying to sneak under 45min. Any race strategies?? My plan is b_ll_cks to negative splits, run my @rse off and hope to be at 22mins at half way and then hold on in there. Is this better/worse than steady (lungbusssting)4.5min Kms?
  • That's it Bod go for it!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Bod-much depends on the course and the weather. If it's undulating then even km splits are difficult and if it's hot then sometimes that can have an adverse affect, well on me it would! However, if it were me I'd do exactly what you say and just go for it from the gun and try to hang on for a pb! I'm sure you'll do it. Good luck!!

What:5 miles with younger son at an easy pace, so he tells me. Now can I believe someone with a natural athletic ability to churn out 6 min miles without training? Considering I can't even run 6 min miles, I'll either be left running alone or he'll feel like he's walking, but we'll give it a go.
    Why:pre season football training for him and for me it's nice to steal the opportunity to run with my son who shows no interest at other times.
    Last hard:Wednesday I think
    Last rest:yesterday
  • 10 miles undulating road as a gentle run before a 20 tomorrow.

Edinburgh 15th June.
  • Misty morning in Barnsley. Should clear soon.

Good luck Bod. I'm from the more cautious school who always tries to run negative splits, but your way could work for you. There's only one way to find out.

What: 3 miles am, 3 miles pm,both with 10x60 strides.

Why: always do this the day before a race.

Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: ages ago

Race predictions for Sheffield Half Marathon:-

1:20 plus - Down in the Sewer
    1:19 to 1:20 - (Get a) Grip (On Yourself)
    1:18 to 1:19 - Dead Loss Angeles
    1:17 to 1:18 - Toiler on the Sea
    1:16.30 to 1:17 - Go Buddy Go
    sub 1:16.25 - pb - Burning up Time

This is a category C race, doing it because it's a big event and a nice run round Sheffield where I used to live. It's hilly and could be hot so I reckon around 1:17.30.

Good luck to all other racers (and cricketers!) this weekend.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    what: am 4 miles easy
    why: 1/2 tomorrow
    last hard: Monday
    last rest: yesterday

predictions: 1:19:45 anything less will be good, anything slower will be bad!

Going by recent race times BR should finish about 2 minutes ahead of me.

Race report tomorrow.
  • Hello!

what: going for a run outside to test knee.

Good luck to all racing/training.
  • For me, 3 miles recovery after yesterdays speedwork

Last rest - Thursday
    Last hard - Yesterday!

It is too hot!

Good luck racers this weekend
  • Just done a 6mile. It really is hot out there!!!!! I best get off the computer and enjoy the rest of the day in the sun. Have a really nice day all!
  • Morning peeps.

Like Mike S, it's cricket day for me. Unlike Mike S, I HATE running in hot weather. And I've got a 17-miler planned for tomorrow, which I am unlikely to live through. Do I have to get up at 3am?

Thoroughly enjoyed my first proper rest day in ages. Must do more of them!

Have fun in the currant bun, all.
  • What?: The local hilly park equipped sit-ups, pull-up bars etc. Three laps, 15 reps of everything each time.
    Why?: To impress girls. (Oh and there's a hilly run on the schedule...)
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Bod, Barnsley, Drew - run well!

Spud, good luck getting outside.

Me? Sitting in the garden with a cello on my knee, scratching. Violin is on the washing line, sunning itself (they like a tan). Walking didn't work so well this morning - new prescription? just bad luck? recent stress? I'm not even going to try running til, probably Wednesday.

This is perfect violin finishing weather. There's a reason, I think, why violins got made in Cremona. To be able to sit in the shade and pay close attention to beautiful wood and call it work - that's allright!
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hey Lina, good to see you here. Take it easy, yes?
  • Nothing today - local triathlon tomorrow, so just going over to registration this afternoon.

Extremely hot outside, a thunderstorm forecast and the same mix for race day - I'm another who hates running in hot weather. Praying for rain!

Good luck to all racing this weekend and a quick recovery to all those sick or injured.
  • 6 miles walk
    more later
    incorporating training with work
    hee hee
  • MopheadMophead ✭✭✭
    Up and out this morning at 07.30 - most unusual for me. But it was worth it, warm sunshine and cool breeze.

What: approx. 14.5 miles

Why: Need long runs for race the Train in August and have been lazy this week.

Last hard: last Sun
    Last rest: Mon-Wed of this week :(

just tried the cold bath theory, so hopefully legs will be ok. for the Swithland 6 tomorrow.

Good luck to everybody racing over the w/e and happy running!
  • what - 13 miles hilly and part off road at 6.30am. Very hot at the finish which I hate.

Tomorrow - supporting forumites at Lake Vyrnwy marathon with the satisfaction of knowing my run is over for the weekend.
  • Ayup,

wow, it's a warm one today.

Best of luck to all racing this weekend.

What: 32 mile bike @19.5 mph avg.
    Why: First ride of the year, perfect weather for it.
    Last hard run: Thursday before last, I think...
    Last rest day: Yesterday.

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Rest today, Thirsk 10 tomorrow. Could be sweltering by the look of the forecast.

Best of luck to other racers.
  • Good luck wardi.See you tomorrow.Not run since Thursday and have got calf strain .. just when things were starting to go well again!
    Was planning a pb attempt but think this weather will scupper that!
  • 10 miles walking
    trailwalk training
  • Xerxes
    think you should have beer, dear:)
  • Rest today and I watched the mighty Gers win the Scottish Treble. In any case I'm running 18 miles tomorrow morning. I'm going to try the cold bath afterwards to try and shock my muscles into recovery as I was in pain for a week after a 17 mile run 2 weeks ago.

More tomorrow.

PPB
  • Evening All

What: 6 Miles including lots of hills.
    Why: Went out with the club on Wednesday to do hills and struggled, so I decided to practice to get better and stronger.

Last Rest: Monday
    Last Hard: Wednesday

Looking forward to the Sharon Norbury 5 Mile race tomorrow.