Plod Difference Does It Make?

Sticking on a Smiths theme - the only Smiths record I own!

Happy plodding all!

Tee hee Smitch - beat you back from the pub :-P

Nice to see you again though xx

Comments

• morning
    hope pub was good
    am now sick of the Smiths :(

See you're quoted in this months RW Reindeer - the threat of having my postings in print almost enough to keep me offline.

12 miles slow today, and am feeling quite apprehensive after week of drinking too much up North and only 2 plods ....
  • Youll be fine FLR
    I have every confidence, the rest will have done you good!

walking for me today
  • rest for me today - did 10 miles on the bike last night and my legs feel a bit tired
  • Fab title FR - the Smiths rule - best band of the 80's!

No plodding for this one today - its my Birthday tomorrow so im off on the lash - 2 pints should be more than ample to see me waaaaay under the table. (or dancing on top of it - whichever comes first)

Have a great weekend everybody!!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning it is a lot cooler out there today,did 4.5 miles an easy run as tomorrow is my long session.

Started a log and have done 4 hours 17 minutes this week!!!

Have a great weekend and Happy running
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    I feel terrible.

All nuts - you just had to do it didn't you.

Alf, the Smiths rock.
  • 3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    So, the social was good was it?
  • Yes Smitch, I did have to :-)

I feel terible too - and I went onto fruit juice for the last couple of hours. I don't think the heat helped. Worst hangover I've had for ages, and I reckon I was more sloshed at he previous one.

Hi 3TL - where were you last night?
  • 3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    I went for a drink with an ex-colleague who's leaving is current job to work in France - want to keep in touch with him as I'd quite like to move to France in 5 years or so...

After 3 pints I was floored, staggered home, so missed the social. My fiancee wouldn't have been able to come anyhow as she's finishing her research...

• 3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    is - 'is - his
  • Not plodding today - my legs are still sore after Thursday and my physioterrorist colleague advises rest so I'll listen to her.

Added to that I'm playing the organ tomorrow and haven't practised the hymns and I'm going away on Tuesday until Saturday (taking plodding kit, of course) and need to tidy up the house so the budgie-sitter doesn't break her neck falling over things when she comes to check on my little family.
  • Hurray! Did the same 8 mile loop as last week but this time brought isostar and took a minute break every half hour to drink a bit and it made all the difference. Last week I felt exhausted from the halfway point on and when I walked the last 5 minutes to my car I was swaggering. This week I felt so good that the last couple of miles I took the harder but more scenic route over the beach.
  • Well done roos.
    Feel lousy after 13 miles - and I got back 4 hours ago, so am wondering about throwing in the odd patch of walking myself. Noticed in the 10k I did last week that the 2 women who stopped and had a little walk passed me and finished before I did. Not helped today by heat and slight dehydration (limit to how much water I can carry).
  • Great run, 'roos!

flr - you're sure to have been suffering a bit because of the heat - planned walking breaks definitely worth a try.

Do the folks feeling a bit fragile after last night's social deserve any sympathy? - I suppose so, they always commiserate when I have a hangover!

Did a re-introductory 3-mile plod before breakfast, now my sore throat is better. It was very slow, but OK - I hardly ever get even slightly ill, so I don't know how to cope at all if I get the tiniest sniffle - can't judge sensibly between carrying on regardless and resting.

• I think it was more the rehydration than the walking that made a difference. I'm not sure I liked the walking breaks (they were very short anyway). My legs felt weird the first few steps walking, and then it took a bit of an effort to start running again.
    But I'll find that out next time, I'm looking to get a Camelbak so I can drink without stopping.
    FLR, I was starting to feel sunburned and overheated near the end, being out for another hour like you did must have been hard with this heat!
  • I plodded 10 miles this morning with my running/plodding group. Great day for a run.
  • thanks

yes it was hot and I needed to have water stashed somewhere, but I was back 10.30 so not that hot

need to think about how far to run next week, 1 week before the 1/2 M
    Do I do 13 again, or is it time to taper?
  • 13 would be okay, but then so would something like 10.

I don't think a long taper's as important for half marathons, just take the last week easy.
  • Something like 10 sounds somewhat more attractive, oddly enough