Run Ealing Ragged 10K

I'd really like to take part in this race, but am a beginner to running. Can you please supply some details such as when the race starts and where to congregate.

Many Thanks
Hilary Barnett

hilarybarnett@hotmail.com

Comments

• hi
    have heard of 2 different start points for the 10k race (on 19/10/02) one is Ealing Town Hall and the other is Perivale Race track - can u confirm

Thanks
  • From Ealing On-Line http://www.ealingtimes.co.uk/sport/runealingragged/index.html

FUNDRAISERS from across the borough are being asked to don their training shoes to take part in the first annual Run Ealing Ragged charity fun run.
    Ealing resident Toby Chapman-Dawe, of Windsor Road, has organised the event to raise money for charity and is calling on residents to make it a massive community event.

Run Ealing Ragged consists of two separate races, one 5km and one 10km. Both races are for enthusiastic fun-runners as well as dedicated athletes and Toby hopes the charity runs will help raise more than £10,000 for various local charities.

Jamie Bath at Active Ealing said: "Run Ealing Ragged will be great for Ealing and great for everyone who runs. Whether you want to walk the 5km or race the 10km, everyone is welcome." The funds will be divided between charities including Ealing Victim Support, The Big Issue Foundation and the Ealing Southall & Middlesex Athletics Club's fund for the improvement of facilities at the Perivale Park Athletics Track, which is a voluntary organisation.

Entry costs £5 per person, refundable for those raising more than £55. Entry forms for the run are available simply by emailing runealingragged@hotmail.com

or download your entry form from www.strand-uk.com/rer/

THE ROUTE:
    • Start at Perivale Park Athletics Track (two laps); turn left from the exit, run round the back of the track and across the park tracks going south west towards Costons Lane.

• Exit Costons Lane and run west-to-east along Ruislip Road East. Run under the railway line and turn left into Gurnell Park, behind the swimming pool.

• Follow the Brent River Park walk along the riverbank until you reach Argyle Road. Run north up Argyle Road and turn left into Stockdove Way; run to the end of Stockdove Way, under the railway arch, turn right into Perivale Park Athletics Track.

• If you are running 5km, turn back into the track and finish. If you are running the 10K, do one more lap of the full course.

• This'll be my first race and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm actually going to be going into hospital the next day for an operation so this is going to be taking my mind off it! Lets hope the weather is going to be kind. I hope you take part Hilary and good luck.
  • I am looking for a running club in the Ealing area. I am a beginner and will be doing the Brighton 10k as my first race

Thanks
  • Ealing,Southall and Middlesex AC have there headquaters at the track. There will be people from the club there ask them for details.
  • I'm doing this too, have done a Race for Life in the past but this will be my first 10k (assuming I don't chicken out before tomorrow!).
  • Great weather although the course was a tiny bit boring, or am I just being a bit picky? Really good suppport from the volunteer marshalls though. For my first time, I wasn't last, it was a good day. How did everyone else get on?
  • Didn't chicken out and finished in 53.39 which I am pleased with for a first effort -would have been happy with anything under an hour.