Options

Bread Recipes

Given the spread of bread makers among the RW community, I thought a recipe thread would eb a good idea. Please post details here, along with which bread maker it's for (might be crucial, might not be), along with comments.

I'm about to go out but I'll post banana and walnut bread later :)

Comments

• Options
    I'm old fashioned as I cook my bread in the oven like normal, four loaves at a time. I would eat it quicker than the bread maker could cope.
    Just make some seasame & poppy seed rolls, did'nt follow a recipe just made it up, like all my cooking!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I have a few recipes will post them when it is a lot cooler in this hot room.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    X,
    I use a food processer but I agree I don't wake up to fresh bread.
    I do however make bread before my weekend run's at 6am! quite peaceful at that time of day!
  • Options
  • Options
    I used to hand make all our bread - the machine now does it - fab. Stick it on before I go out for a run and then enjoy the feast when I get back. Bread making doesn't take any time at all now - it's so easy.

Add grated cheese and sundried tomatoes and freeze dried herbs to a standard white loaf (with a bit of wholemeal through in for guilt reasons ) and - well the loaf doesn't last long enough

PS anyone thinking of buying a machine....buy the largest size you can - the loaves are still really small.
  • Options
    I am going to try rhubarb bread as I have just harvested 3 tons of it from the allotment- it's a reckless experiment, I shall let you know how I get on.
  • Options
    SOunds interesting Monique :)
  • Options
    Yes gorgeous, sounds Different anyway.
    Hope you dont eat any be4 relay, could be dangerous......
  • Options
    Think I will substitute it for the banana in banana bread recipe.
  • Options
    I'll be investing in a breadmaker as soon as my three youngest children decide that they will eat bread that isn't the 19p-a-loaf white spongy stuff from Asda which, I have to acknowledge, makes the best toast.

Any process that can make something edible out of rhubarb will be of the greatest interest to me. I think it's horrible every which way.
  • Options
    You must try rhubarb fool yummy but not very healthy. Stewed rhubarb,cold custard and whipped cream mix together ,chill and scoff.
  • Options
    rhubarb crumble n custard made from evapourated milk - you can't go wrong! It's gorgeous
  • Options
    I've still not progressed from the white bread recipe. We tried the softgrain bread but family prefer the white. Bell just about to ring on the latest offering - yummy!

Definitely fancy the banana bread - might try that tomorrow.
  • Options
    Rhubarb fool, rhubarb crumble, rhubarb tart, rhubarb meringue pie, those little stems of forced rhubarb caramelised and served under a layer of creme brulee - tried them all. Yuck. And it interferes with the absorption of iron from other foods.

I do like banana bread, though, and bread with seeds and nuts in it.
  • Options
    Ok i promise not to mention r*****b again
  • Options
    No, Cathy, you must! I'm looking forward to the rhubarb bread recipe too. It has to be better than my cheese and leek loaf, which I ended up using to cull Canada geese at the local duck-pond. After a couple of beakfuls of the stuff, they sank.
  • Options
    I've got a bread machine (which I love) and I have a book called 'The Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook' which has some fab recipes in it. I haven't done many (because I can never get around to organising a shopping list for the extra ingredients), but the one I have tried that is nice is:

Poppy seed loaf (just add 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds to the pan with the flour etc for a small loaf)

I have a huge list of ones I want to try, including: mustard and beer loaf; Blueberry and oatmeal; sweet potato bread; lemon and macadamia; and golden pumpkin bread.

Mostly I just make a plain white and scoff it warm with cheese or honey or soup.

Perfick!
  • Options
    I would strongly recomend reading instructions and getting eyesight tested before mixing ingrediants.

I misread the TSP and TSB on the spoon and put a little (at least 4 times too much) extra salt into the bread.

It was like eating a spoon of salt, needless to say it got thrown so not a recipe I would recomend!
  • Options
    It comes to something when, to find life on the virtual planet, one has to come to a discussion about breadmaking machines!
  • Options
    I tried to make a fruit loaf by putting all of the fruit in at the start (i didn't think it would matter, and I wanted it ready for my breakfast) but when I got it out of the breadmaker the fruit had all been totally shredded, and the sugar from the fruit had over activated the yeast and the loaf had gone crazy and over blown and then burned around the edges.

Xerxes, if you put all the nuts/seeds in at the beginning they might get minced before the kneeding is over.
  • Options
    Yawn.......... (sorry, feeling mischevious!)
  • Options
    Careful with your nuts Xerxes.

Dunno if minced nuts would cause terminal loaf problems - but sacrificing one test loaf may be worth the loss of time while hanging around waiting for the beep.

Do you want the mustard and beer recipe? I haven't made it yet so I don't know how good it is, but I've bought all of the ingredients to make it this week.
  • Options
    Do you like cream or butter with your jam on scones?