Who went to a game yesterday??

and I don't mean watched it on telly.

Who actually went to a game?

Comments

• I went on boxing day

Had a lovely meal in Delia's Restaurant with washed down with a few beers

Sat in a warm with coffee and mince pies

More beer at 1/2 time

Then back to the box for more coffee and mince pies while watching the second half

Then off to the players lounge for more beer and the Man of the Match presentation.

I love football:-)
  • Live too far away from my team to go and watch a proper game. If I lived closer I'd go though.
  • That is not football ;)

Sounds kewl though.

Have have mince pies, but the meat and gristle kind :))

I went yesterday to Pollok v Kinnoull in the Scottish Cup which was 90minutes of rain and misery and men kicking lumps out of each other.

punctuated with the odd goal and slice of football.

Excellent :)

Oh and it was 4-1 yes!
  • I have that situation Mouse. Tricky.

I travel home on the odd occasion but I now have my West Coast team who i follow.

However, I wear the strip of my home town team under my jumper.

So as not to feel like a traitor :)))
  • Yes but thankfully there was a roof and I had some tomato soup.

Also, thankfully it is all standing and we do not have to sit down. That's how you get cold at the football, this ridiculous obsession with seating.

Hate sitting at the football. Hate it.

However, there is a supporter/maniac who attends every game with shorts on and stands on the opposite side of the pitch.

Yesterday he was there again, in the rain, wind and sleet.

We can't figure out if he is doing it for a bet or if he thinks he is a sub, or what.
  • I'm 2-3 hrs drive away from my team :-(. Teams where I live now are carp.

Confession time: I used to wear my boyfriends thermals underneath my jeans at football. I miss the terraces as well, I can't work out if it was warmer because we were more huddled together if I was just hardier in my teens.

I turned Sky Sports off this year because my ex moved out. Realised just how much I like footy (even as a girl) and I'm going to have it back on again next season.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    57 matches so far this season.

On target for about 110 and rising.

Ever present with my team home and away for well over 2 years, and only missed about 3 matches in the last 4 years or so.

And in betweeen, plenty of ground hopping too. Football simply cannot be beat.

:-D
  • *thermal pant wearer*

no shame in that Mouse.

However, I only watch non-league football so have little interest in Sky.

Don't much like football on the telly, although I might watch Hearts v Celtic later.
  • so does dan dude

but they made it on telly last weekend
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Well. Its like this.

Non-league, my home town team of Tamworth and ever present with these for all that time.

League, am a Villa boy through and through, and early to mid 90s I didnt miss a home match for several seasons with them.

Prior to that, several seasons at Tamworth.

Punctuating all that was time at uni. I could never get behind any of the central belt teams whilst I was there(says he sporting his Stenny top and looking a liar) but when I lived in Aberdeen they became my Scottish team, and I followed them nhome and away most matches.

So, Tamworth, Villa and Aberdeen.

And there is no conflict of interest between any of them either.
  • Been to Everton v Reading today.

Thats all there is to say about it, not much to report.

• Feel you missed a chance last week Dandan.

Few missed chances in the opening moments.

A chap i know through work is a Tamworth fan but lives in Shetland. However, he does go back as much as possible for home games.

That's devotion for you.

Pal of mine supports my home team, Tayport, and travels home from Dubai for home matches.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Big bloke with big hair? I know one who lives on Orkney I think- well, know of him and recognise him but dont know him to speak to. Same bloke?

Match 58 of the season coming up, so long as the rain holds off and the pitch isnt boggy.
  • Unfortunately I know him but have not met him.

Just know him from the odd work e-mail and telephone.

There can't be many Orcadian Tamworth fans however :)
  • I saw Robin Hood Colts Under 7s (White ) Vs Mansfield Woodhouse Colts Under 7s (Red)

Nip and Tuck...but Woodhouse won 3-1

Second half was best with that nifty Irish-International-to-be surging up the right wing and delighting his fans ( me and his brother)

Winning isn't everything, when you have great days like Sunday !

:0)

Not sure if the catering was up to Delia's standard but it was so cold, that the Hot Chocolate tasted yummy .

I love watching my boys play football.

ANYTHING can happen, there are loads of goals, very rarely any cynicism, and it's all done with great enthusiasm.

• Well done J

(hiya btw)

You are very dedicated to those young'uns.

In American you might be called a 'Soccer Mom' but I would not be so rude.

:)

Kids football is often the best.

Thay are interested in things like passing, dribbling and attacking play which are beaten out of most players in later life ;)

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Season ticket holder me.

In fact, our wedding would have been a week earlier if it wasn't a home game that weekend.

Fortunately we were away on Saturday, so I didn't have to get soaked to the @rse.

Hibs up on Sunday - we've done ok against them in the past. Fingers crosseed.
  • Super Caley fan?

Question for you:

Why do you breed excellent managers who go on to fail at other clubs?

Paterson, Robertson, Brewster.

My guess is that says something about he quality of the club than the manager.

:)
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Yup. Team spirit is all. No star players = no divas (although Barry Wilson has been known to have a wee strop if no-one passes to him).

Brewster was more a good player who inspired from the pitch rather than a good manager. Seems to be doing on at Aberdeen now.

Charlie will never leave Caley regardless. He's negotiated a return to his previous job if he doesn't last as manager.
  • I attend a Welsh premier league game most weekends & hold a season ticket at my local club ,which only cost's me a bargain £80 a season this also gets me in the presidents lounge at half time for a cuppa & sandwhich.
    I normally don't bother & nip to the bar for a pint as I do not want to be labelled as part of the 'Prawb Sandwhich' brigade ;)
  • Well Brew was before 'another' horror injury the other night...

Kudos to Mr Christie. Caley seem to be rolling along nicely now after a wee blip earlier in the season.

Excellent BRT.

My season ticket for 'Lok is £50 and I sometimes get a season ticket for Tayport (£30) although I only get to two or three games a season.

Like to contribute a wee something.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What happened Dude? I was at my Mum's at the weekend, so missed the highlights.
  • Everton Supporter but don't go regularly (catch them when they play up here - North East England).

Was a season ticket holder for 11 years - traveled everywhere to watch them. Fell out of love 1999 but still go back for the odd bit on the side

Now watch Blyth Spartans home games - cup of steaming marmite, cold sausage roll, bottle of 'dog' or two after the final whistle - can't beat it.
  • He dislocated his shoulder Nessie.

Reckon he will be out for about 7 weeks or summat.

Horrrrrible. The trainer popped it in on the pitch. Oucha.

Don't follow the Premiership but have always had a wee soft spot for the Toffees for some reason.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    <wince>

That'd bring a tear to a glass eye.

Ra Gooners are my Premiership team. Well, just Thierry Henry really. :o}
  • I think i like Everton because Duncan Disorderly played for them.

I saw him play for Dundee United several times and was one of the best players I have seen in the flesh.

Wasted career.
  • Duncan could have been the best - but he was more concerned with trying to be the hardest

Met the fella - really nice guy off the pitch - nutter on it