Women & HRM

What do you do with your bra/HRM one always gets in the way of the other?

Comments

• RatcatcherRatcatcher ✭✭✭
    DBSA, I wear crop tops, and usually wear the HRM slightly lower (on my chest) than the bottom of the crop top so that it is still making contact but not interfering with the support from the crop top. If I don't get this right I sometimes get very rogue readings from my HRM.

You do get bras with built-in straps for the HRM. I have one from Triumph, but I get horribly chafed from it because the HRM bit seems to be too wide and too hard and just cuts right into me. Other people on this forum have recommended them, though, so I probably just got one that wasn't right for me and it might be worth a try for you.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    DBSA, I wear my bra over the HRM, so that the HRM stays closer to the skin, and quite high up the chest.
    Having said that, I have got a couple of Nike bras with the built-in compartments for the HRM, which are quite good, but not much different than just wearing a normal bra
  • I tried a Triumph Pulsebeat bra and it too chafed me horribly at the front where the HRM was digging in.

BUT!

I've sown a square of satin over the towelling at the front and it doesn't chafe at all now!

Listen to me all domesticated! Anyone want to start an embroidery group? ;-)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I do the same as Annajo and tuck in under bra and never had a problem at all with it.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RatcatcherRatcatcher ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip, Windsurfin ' Susie! I had just given up due to the possibility of permanent scarring.

Now where have I put that embroidery kit?
  • Doesnt that reduce the function of hte bra?
  • I wear my hrm strap fairly high under the bumps and the shock absorber over the top. i find a dob of vaseline under the lower edge of the bra stops the rubbing that i was experiencing.
    It has been OK for marathons.