Options

Jog in January 5K

Hi has anyone done this race before? what kind of terrain is it is it hilly?

Comments

• Options
    The race is round Cantley Park, very flat not muddy (despite all the rain). After the poor reviews from 2006, this event was well organised and worth the entry for a January jog!
  • Options
    Hi tom, thankyou for your reply. Me and my husband did the run at Cantley in January. it was a good run. Like you said very flat apart from the pot holes that had been covered up' or were they mole hills?'
    A well organised event will be doing again next year.

Do you know of any good runs in February or March? 5k ones?
    Thanks
    Donna
  • Options
    Yes I do! But only because I went to buy some new running shoes at Runners World in Sheffield. There is a 5 mile run in Wombwell on Sunday 18th Feb (and a 1 mile fun run for u15s). Then there is the Easter Chucky on Sunday 25th March 10K starting at Wath Cricket Club (and a 3K fun run for all ages). Follow that with the Sheffield Lord Mayor's 10K on Sunday 22nd April starting at Don Valley Stadium. By then I hope to be nearly ready for the Sheffield Half Marathon on 20th May....
  • Options
    thankyou tom dont think i am quite ready for 10k yet maybe a couple more 5k first. good luck with the half marathon a good one to aim for. donna
  • Options
    By the way there is a 5K in Derby on 11th March (I think) also organised by BHF.

Also, in a senior moment I called the shop in Sheffield "Runner's World" - in fact it is called "Keep on Running" - fine people!
    Good luck
    Tom