Fat Club Friday

Morning all

Hope you are well. Looking forward to a weekend of beautiful weather. Lots of dog walking and salad eating I think!

Comments

• Morning. Had a bit of disaster yesterday, left house keys at work so had to get round to mates to pick up spare set. It was so hot we thought we'd go for a swift half in the pub up the roads beer garden ... 3 pints of Stella and 3 packets of crisps later I rolled home. Didn't eat any tea either. Never mind, was very tempted to go for an egg mayo and crispy bacon bap as I struggled into work, but the thought of having to admit that to you all made me stop. Am aiming for a gentle 5k jog at lunchtime.
  • Hi Guys! Back at work today, glad I had yesterday off, slept like a baby through watercolour challenge and countdown!

Weighin this morning, lost 0.4kg, so not a lot, but at least it's something...

-1.6kg = 3.52lbs
  • Had the family over for dinner last night so too much bad stuff - I did avoid the profiteroles (?spelling?) but the 4 pints of German wheat beer made up for that - ho hum.

At least I did my run just before they all turned up.
  • Well done Lamb - glad you're feeling better. Shame you slept through watercolour challenge. Always a pleasure that one!
    Still off the running til knee gets better. Gym last night though, and prob again this evening - before I hit the pub!

-3lb
  • Thanks, Cake, yeah, I spent most of my student days watching such daytime delights at watercolour challenge, diagnosis murder (with Dick Van Dyke) and quincy... oh and i did some work too...
  • Hello all,

I've been unable to log onto the site for a few days and this thread has a whole life of its own now. It's great. Like the idea of the daily Fat Club - much easier to catch up that way.

Did my speed session for the week down at the running club last night and boy do I feel dead-legged today. I was feeling rather frisky at the beginning (I think it's all the motivational talk in this forum). Anyway, I think I was feeling a little overconfident and went off on the first rep far too fast and the last few were soooo hard. Also I'm one of the slowest in the group so I don't have the opportunity to coast through the session without finishing way after everyone else.

I'm off in a minute to take the wee one swimming so hopefully that will give me an opportunity to loosen my legs up.

Hope everyone is well on this lurvely sunny day.
  • Hi all,
    Had a very good couple of days.. wasn't going to go running last night as I was just so hot, in the end I decided to just do it! Only managed 3 miles and felt absolutely exhausted.. still better than nothing eh? Anyway, this morning I did 6 miles (in my new Enell sports bra!!!) - so feel very smug at the moment (that won't last..). Trouble is, I'm going to a BBQ on Sunday.. oh dear.. Gonna do my weigh-in on Monday, so let you all know then whether my smugness is justified!!
    Michelle x
  • Redhead - congrats on the lycra shorts wearing. I can really relate to that. It won't be long before you're wearing the crop top too.

When I started back running in May, I was wearing long legged things only with t-shirt and then I graduated onto my lycra shorts and t-shirt around the end of June and then yesterday for the first time, I wore my shorts with crop-top and no spare tyre. :-)))

Anyway, my next thing I want to be able to do is wear shorter shorts. Lets just hope I manage to get there before the last of the hot weather goes. Still, there's always the chance of freezing my bum off at the Surrey X-Country league matches - oh joy.

BTW, I weighed myself post run last night and was 8.13 (am now worried I've lost too much weight this week as I was 9.1 on Monday - I think it must just be water as it was so hot.)
  • I've alwyas worn lycra shorts and vest, I have no thought for the poor people behind me who have to watch my wobblings!! Ambition is to be able to run in those skimpy running shorts and a crop top though and that's a long way off!
  • I got a pair of lycra shorts from Asda, and after wearing them once I handed them down to my daughter. I can cope with the thigh bulges and VPL, but these ones made me look as if I had a lunchbox as well. So it's back to the baggy shorts and the M&S stirrup pants.

I've been scarily virtuous diet-wise this week - walked into the city centre with Mr V-rap and Kevin the Teenager yesterday and managed not to have my ritual dose of Thorntons ice-cream in a chocolate-coated cone, or a slice of carrot cake with my coffee (coffee consumption halved too - I should be feeling extremely healthy now). I've even avoided the stress-induced chocolate-munching at work, probably because I can log on here as a distraction. Thanks, folks.

At the weekend I realised just what a problem hols can be when you're dependent on hotel food or eating out. It's virtually impossible to get a decent-sized portion of grease-free vegetables (I weighed one of my typical servings of veg once - it's about 600 grams). So we've decided to self-cater instead of B&B it in Wales the week after next.

Cheers, V-rap.

• I have some Nike ones. It makes a v big difference if you get some that are well cut - far more flattering. On the vpl front, I don't wear anything under - no chafing and they're designed with that in mind. At the moment I have their long legged shorts (rather difficult to get hold of I find) with a key pocket inside.

Anyway, gotta go now and take wee one swimming. Congrats V-rap on your virtuousness.
  • I was a BAD LAMB yesterday and needed chocolate!! Otherwise wasn't too bad, though I'm not sure where my other half's bizarre egg and pasta creation stands (am eating the leftovers now...) Will be good from now on...
  • Short shorts never look comfortable to me. Too flappy. Maybe I'll see things differently when I get rid of my hockey player thighs.
    Will definitely be treating myself to some new kit when I've lost half a stone.

-3lbs
  • I've had a crappy week health, diet and running-wise *sigh*

I actually ATE chocolate this week which I never eat. I also had a bag of walkers "lites" crisps - which I haven't touched in nearly 6 weeks *sigh*

Lets hope things improve next week eh. I was down in the 12's on Monday though :)
  • I agree with you Cake, I can't see the advantages of 'em. One of running pals says they are great, but there is just too little left to the imagination for me! I like my lycra shorts to reach to over half way down my wobbly thighs. Just done 20 minutes in the heat out there - whew - was hoping to do at least 5 miles but it just couldn't be done. My workmates all think I am completely bonkers.
  • I wear shortish shorts - they're not very 'flappy' on me - but p'raps that's just cos my thighs fill them out! I would like to progress onto a crop top, like you Caketin (well done!), but am still too scared.. but if I lose this 10lb of excess lard I promise I will.
    Michelle x
    PS - I am craving crusty bread & butter for some reason...
  • Mmm, crusty bread!! On that theme, v-rap, how bad is bread for you? I ate a small french stick yesterday (just dry) - is that a major sin? I love carbs, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice!
  • ... actually, I think I prefer them to sweet stuff!
  • Me too lamb - without a doubt.

Giving myself parole - and off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon in the sunshine with my dog and a v good book!

Happy running all. Be back on Monday.
  • Lucky you!! Am stuck in office, what a crime! The only sunny day in leeds and I'm in here!
  • Lamb, unless you have a wheat intolerance bread is very, very good for you. So are spuds and all the other grain things, provided they're not slathered with butter or korma or carbonara sauce EVERY time you eat them.

I'm a real carboholic too - I could never do a low-carb diet. Almost anything will do. I'm the person who buys the budget-label white sliced loaves at the supermarket. Cakes and biscuits always seem to look and smell better than they taste, but I've never been disappointed by a little solid multigrain loaf...

I'm off before I start drooling on the keyboard.

Cheers, V-rap.
  • oooh yes and sunflower seed bread is just heavenly! I love going to germany, coulf just eat all their different kinds of bread with cheese all day!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I tried some of that Turkistan bread which has honey in it. Deeeelish!
  • Yeah, I know Turkestan, toasted with butter, yum! er, I mean with low fat spread!!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I'm lucky - I went off butter at a very young age, and hate margarine too. Pity about my cheese problem though.
  • I have a cheese problem too though! German rye bread with unsalted butter and Butterkase, crusty french bread with brie, granary and mature cheddar, you name it!!!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Stop it you lot! I've been good all day and now I'm drooling and leaning towards the breadbin.......
  • Reading this makes me think I am quite lucky ... I dont eat chesse, butter, marge, sugar, dressings, salt, I could go on. I could however live on chocolate, curries, pizza's. Oh dear .. but glad to say almost a week without any such treats. Just bread, potatoes, tuna etc. Weigh in day is Tuesday, but tomorrow is a shopping trip to Glasgow, bar lunch, beer .. surely one day won't hurt ?
  • Daisy, is that halo uncomfortable or do you get used to wearing one after a while?

I spoke too soon about the stress-induced chocolate eating. I was delayed by a really heavy session with someone whose problems I can't do much about last thing this evening at work (unexpectedly - they came along without an appointment on the pretext of an ill child) and the box of Celebrations I keep for bribing kids and annoying their parents came in for a bit of abuse afterwards. The damage is negligible as I only counted seven wrappers on my desk afterwards, but the alarming thing is that I can't remember eating them.

After a short run and a big plate of tuna and vegetable couscous, I felt virtuous again.

Cheese is one of my favourites too - creamy brie, smelly gorgonzola, mousetrap cheddar, I'm not fussy as long as it doesn't have silly things like apricots and port wine mixed in with it. I'm trying not to overdo it at the moment but a cheese butty FEELS so much more nutritious than a jam butty, whatever the calorie charts might say.

Cheers, V-rap.