ASICS 2110

2»

Comments

• Agreed

Ive got a piar of 2120's which I am trialing for runners world and the toes have gone through on both feet.
  • I've given up on Asics for this very reason. Up until (I think) the 2080 the big toe area had cover, then they removed it and my last 3 pairs have all worn through within about 70-80 miles. The hole doesn't cause a problem as such, but if I'm paying 80 quid for something, whatever it is, I don't expect it to wear out in a few weeks. The fact that the cover was there to begin with suggests that Asics were aware of the (potential) problem but decided it wasn't worth worrying about. I've moved to Nike Triax this year which have been comfortable from the first mile and gave me no problems this weekend over 15 miles - and which have a reinforced strip over the big toe area to prevent this happening.
  • Last 3 pairs of asics have all had my big toes poking through, the last pair of 2110 only lasting 200 miles. I've done the same as 4MS and moved to Triax.
  • Gone through plenty of 20 and 21 series Asics and big toes always get an airing after a while. I've never really considered it a problem, the shoes still work fine. I'm happy for Asics to concentrate their efforts on other aspects of shoe design!
  • Well I got through 450 miles in my 2110s without any sign of toe-wear... but found out they weren't giving me enough support so switched to Brooks Adrenaline anyway.

The 2110s are still providing useful service in spin classes, however. :)
  • All my ascics 2100/2110 have worn through at the big toe on both sides after about 300 miles usually use this as an index of when to replace them but if you have very wide feet ( EE) like me they really are the most comfortable shoes and have never ever had a single blister in any the series
  • Just bought a pair of 2110s and wish I'd read this first. This said I had no problems with 2090s and 2100s, both doing over 500 miles.

This pair do feel much tighter than the 2110 model. I probably should've looked for the 2E which I had on the 2100s. Not desperately easy to find when you have size 14 feet tho. I hated the saucony grid omni's I had a few yrs back - wore thru very easily on the heel and caused massive blisters. Have been in asics ever since.