dodgy websites

I ordered a pair of Asics from mandm website.Seemed like a bargain at 10 pounds cheaper than else where. They were quick to cash my cheque but not to deliver the goods. After being very late on delivery and some pathetic excuses after several phone calls I asked for a refund which they agreed to. More phone calls later and they promise a refund but then i end up ringing again and am still waiting. I would just like to highlight the bad service offered by this website and wondered if anyone else here has had a simular experience?

Comments

• M&M are a local company to me and I have had some excellent bargains from them. I bought Asics trainers there on Saturday for £25 ... RRP £109!

I have also used their website and I got delivery within a couple of days.

Obviously your own experience was unacceptable and I don't blame you for complaining. I think you should telephone again and speak to the manager.

I'll be interested to hear that they do put this problem right because I don't like to hear that type of story.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Thanks Minty. I wrote here my exact experience hoping to find out if this is a pattern. I have have excellent experiences with Wiggle but with mandm it seems to be one thing after another. I am planning to check my bank account and give them a ring again tommorrow. This time no more Mr Nice Guy. Will post how i got on.
  • Yes do. And tell them you won't be recommending them in the future.

What a shame.
  • Sorry to hear that.

However, I must say I have used MandM many times and have always found thgem to be brilliant.
  • I used the M&M website over Christmas and couldn't complain, great service with a great price.

Hopefully, NLR, it's just a one-off.

• I've bought loads of stuff from MandM and never had a prob.

They use their own "distributed" delivery service (same one that "Next" use), rather than the Post Office, though, so it might just be that your local delivery person is useless...?

• Yeah I think you are right Daz, the courier they used couldnt find my address. Sounds like he(she?) wasnt the brightest spark. I have now got my money back but they were not as fast to give me a refund as they were to take the money out. Unfortunately I wont be giving mandm a second chance and I wont be reccommending them. As they say "you only get one chance to make a 1st impression".

• Yeah I think you are right Daz, the courier they used couldnt find my address. Sounds like he(she?) wasnt the brightest spark. I have now got my money back but they were not as fast to give me a refund as they were to take the money out. Unfortunately I wont be giving mandm a second chance and I wont be reccommending them. As they say "you only get one chance to make a 1st impression".

• Fair play to MandM they sent me a letter of apology this morning saying that they are going to investigate what happened with the courier. I know some people say they never had a problem with mandm but I think you find out how good a company is when you get a problem. I think the problem I had was when my goods never arrived I rang up and they told me that the courier couldnt find my address. They promised to resend them ASAP. When I rang again 3 days later they said that the parcel hadnt come back from the courier. They should have just sent another order straight away. What went on between them and the courier wasnt my problem. Bad logic and therfore bad service from mandm.