Rhayader 'Round the Lakes' 20

Comments

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great Video Mad Runner.
  • As I say in my rating, anyone interested in viewing the elevation profile according to my Garmin 305 can see it here at Motionbased http://preview.tinyurl.com/2yyh7s
    Its in Dashboard <Elevation>, click on it to get it full screen and feel your leg muscles wince. Google Earth is not as interesting as usual however as they are satellite photos only.
  • RFJ, Gadget et al.

Matt, hey brother, we made it - I never leave a man behind!

I really felt for you and misery loves company as they say. Maybe next year we can go round "normally".

Enjoy your retirement ;-)

Peace,

system
  • I decided to do this one as a training run, my first time here (first 20 mile race actually). I finished in 3:03 something, and I think I remember RFJ - or at least someone who finished around the same time as me who stopped a couple of times so I'm guessing it was you! I'm pretty pleased with that. That first hill was the stuff of nightmares and I walked a fair bit of it, but I'm happy that I ran pretty much all of the rest, and I'm happy that my training's on course at the moment. Hopefully I'll be back next year, I might even try to run up the hill next year!

My legs are fine today, I went white water rafting this morning on my way back home to Yorkshire and my arms are now sorer than my legs...
  • Thanx, Chris22, Mrs Lunacy and RFJ - glad you enjoyed it and well done Mrs Lunacy in the five miler.
  • Well done everyone, entered last minute so didn't get a chance to speak to any of you guys but met lots of people enroute anyhow & have to say it was a lovely atmosphere & much better weather than the first time I did it! CAme in at about 2.57 so ideal prep for Paris, well done all of you.

p.s Dominic, my claf just twinged when I looked at that profile!!!!! :)
  • well done everyone- a big hello to all those i talked with on the route, especially my new pal Ig the Swansea South--african, Abi, and lady from Oxord, Glyn-Ceiriog Man , all The Shropshire shuffle folk, especially the guy who reminded me to look at the last reservoir and the water cascading over the dam awesome. That is the word for the scenery & whole race. For anyone seriously training for London - this is the one. I finished at 3hrs 41- slow , but still outsprinted some one at the finish - i obvously had too much energy.
    hey and Wales winning the Rugby, and the pie & chips from Newtown - a great day. (marred only by the ref who sent off a wrexham player for handball when it was kicked at him from a yard away pah)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    YP1, yes that was me more than likely... well done.

Thanks SOAC.
  • Hi all - what a day yesterday.

Glad some of you had great rune.

Mine was a disaster. Really poor until 12-mile point, but really pushed and kicked very hard after that point with some sub-7 min miles to manage 2:56.

RFJ - think I passed you, if you were in the blue and white stripey vest. Were you running with a tall chap in the yellow and green vest? I was the guy in white British Legion (poppy) vest who went flying past about 16 mile point.
  • daz - I think I saw you as you dashed past on those 7 minute miles towards the end! I was in a purple vest.
  • Hey Mad Runner - Seen you at a couple of races now I think, and I just didn't twig what you had on your head at Rhayader (must have been my hangoverslowing my brain down!)

Superb video, excellent sound track. Will be sending the link to a few friends & family - as its the closest they will get to experiencing what I do in my spare time - maybe should give them instruction to pound legs with a hammer whilst they watch it for added reality!
  • Probably YP1, I passed a lot in the last few miles - I was determined to go sub-3, so had to push very hard after my disastrous first 12 where I was carp.

I must make an effort to meet/chat to more forumites in future.

Meant I probably worked harder than I intended to, must rest now before Paris Mara.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Yes Daz thats correct I was the one struggling and you went flying by, I think we both spoke briefly that you were on fire. Well done. The guy with my was System of a Clown (SOAC) who ran with me and encouraged me all the way through my carp run......

Excellent cause by the way with the Leigon vest (very close to my heart (and work)).

• This was the first time I've done this and only the second time I've done 20 miles, so happy to come in at 2:34. I think I could hve ran it faster as I tried to make up too much time too quickly after the hill, and ended up walking up the 19 mile hill. I think this was my worse paced race, but a happy result time wise.

Well done everyone
  • Cheers DadOfTwo,
    You had yourself a good run. I was only a few minutes ahead. Make sure you say hello if you see me again - I'm usually racing in my club top, Bristol AC (white with red hoop) - I don't put the cap-cam on until the start so as to avoid looking too much like a tit.
  • Thanks for the video MR, i starred in it a fair bit. I spoke to you up the hill (thought you had a torch on your head) and at the end. Really enjoyed the race, thanks to all the marshalls and organisers for a great run. Also thanks to RFJ for getting me there and back. Will be back next year.
  • Hi Dominic just had a look at the elavation profile on your Garmin and to be honest was gobsmacked at that climb from mile 3-6.
    Did we really run that?
    Unbelievable what a confident boost though,like someone said that 20 is worth a flat 26 any day of the week
  • Angela - I loved this race (my first 20) thank you to all the organisers and marshalls for a superb day.
    MadRunner - brilliant :-)
    Back next year - cheers

I was the (only ?) runner in a Fetch top - you may have seen me dying several times on ther hills....

• Indeed, thanks UKRM :-)

(Managed to make it 37 secs faster on my magic watch !)
  • Thanks ukresultsman

3:06:14secs that will do nicely!
    Only 4 mins behind you Gadget!
    Well done rio impressive 3:48 i'll bet you could break 2hrs next week!
  • Just shows how tough it was the fact that nobody got under 2 hrs!
    Well done everyone cant wait till next year
    Gonna break 3 hrs

Big shout goes out to Jan and all the organisers!
    Thank you for a marvellous experience much appreciated!
  • Well done all.

What a great race again. Well done Anglea and all involved. Was particularly nice to Jan before the race and at mile 18.5 - you were right it was chilly round the lakes.

It's great that the results are up so quickly. Unfortunately, there is a mistake, I was 113th in a time of 2:36:44 wearing number 533 (number 523 has been recorded).
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Im not on the results, I think they got my No muddled I was no 13 and the time I crossed the line was with SOAC was No 613........ so I have changed into a F60 from a SM......... Oh well....
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ultra - seem s to be an issue here, I have just mailed Angela.
  • Well done all :-)

I was there with 4 little ones supporting (have done it last 2 years and love the race) We were sat on the corner as you entered the village ... some of you may have noticed us :-) Thanks to all those who could mustre the energy to clap the kids back, or smile, or say thank you .... it made their day :-)

Nice to see me old mucker WA and good to meet Daz too :-)

Well done all ...... see you next year :-)
  • Well done all.
    I decided my legs weren't up to this so did a shorter race yesterday instead. Hope to be there next year.
  • We definitely crossed the line together RFJ !