Wateraid runners wanted!

For the last couple of years I've done a sort of lucky dip for runners doing FLM for Wateraid. I have run for them a couple of times and now give a regular donation but it's much more fun doing it through someone's web page. They were a great charity to run for - their support was excellent - and the work they do is vital.

So.........
Post on here if you're running for them and I'll choose who gets the dosh nearer to the time. It might all go to one person or I might split it between several.

The only stipulation is that you will need an online fundraising page. You can be running on a GB place or your own. If you're doing a different event, you're in as well.

Good luck with the training.
Happy running!

Comments

• oooh I'll take your money!! I'm running for WaterAid, through the ballot. Well I say I'm running, mostly I will hobbling if my 20 mile run last week is anything to go by.

I've supported them for years myself - great charity. No way they'd persuade me to run in the ridiculous tap outfit though!
  • Early Bird
    Good luck with your training.

You could always give the toilet outfit a try...................
  • ...or possibly not. Don't want any desparate runners getting ideas.

Thanks for your kind wishes - I'm doing my last long run this weekend of 22 miles, so hoping the weather will be kind and the lucozade gods will see me through to the end.
  • ...or possibly not. Don't want any desparate runners getting ideas.

Thanks for your kind wishes - I'm doing my last long run this weekend of 22 miles, so hoping the weather will be kind and the lucozade gods will see me through to the end.
  • Boing!!!!!!!

How did your run go, Early Bird?
  • I'm running FLM for WaterAid in my first marathon this year and have a justgiving webpage. I decided having visited Bolivia a couple of years ago and saw at first hand the slum dwellings in El Alto the slum city on the edge of La Paz that this had to be my chosen charity. Am really looking forward to 22 April although quite apprehensive. Will run my longest training run (20 miles) next week - I've been told 20 is far enough for a first timer so hope I can manage the extra 6 on the day!
  • hello!

K2 - the 22 miler went really well, thanks! Totally restored my confidence after a grotty 20 a couple of weeks before. I think I actually enjoyed it... must be turning into a weirdo marathon runner!!

I'm really looking forward to the marathon now, contemplating whether to do another 20 miler week after this one...

LIzzie - good luck with your 20 miles! I started supporting wateraid after a trip to south africa and went to some of the informal settlements there. It was pretty grim stuff.
  • Hi Lizzie and Early Bird

I've not been ignoring you. I should be getting email notification but it doesn't seem to be working on this thread. I'm going to turn it off then see if it will turn on again.
  • (See if that does the trick.)

Can you both please lt me know your webpages? I won't be doing anything yet but it's good to read them.

I'm embarassed to say that my interest in the charity started over a glass of sherry one Christmas Eve. I was talking to someone who used to be a project developer for Wateraid.

Lizzie
    My longest run for my first marathon was only 19 miles. You'll get round the extra 6 because the crowds will cheer you along.

EB
    Glad your run went well. I usually have grotty training runs then (so far) reasonable races.

Back later.
  • Please could you send me the links to your fund-raising pages?
    Thanks.
  • Wishing you both luck for the 22nd. I'll be checking out from tomorrow as I'll be working at the expo all week. Come and say hello if you can. I'll be on the Sweatshop stand - ask for Jan (but you can possibly guess as I'll be the oldest female on it!)

I'll need the links to your pages........

All the best.