Wristbands

Hi all I hope you can help. I have read on a few occasions that you can get a wristband which you can write on your times for individual miles. Where can I get one from?

Its soooo close now really nervous and very excited.

Thanks

Comments

• The Lucozade stand at the expo has pre printed running pace bands for all times for free :)
  • Just print it out and cover in sellotape - both sides - instant waterproofness !
  • Ah, bit advanced for me :p
  • This link will give you an actual wristband. http://www.runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=6766 I cut mine out and laminate it, then sellotape it round my wrist to keep it waterproof.
  • Think I will go for the DIY option. Thanks for the help and good luck to you all only 10 sleeps to go!!!!!
  • You can print out a Lucozade pace band here:
    http://www.lucozade.com/running/performance-zone/PaceBands.aspx
    I laminate mine using cellotape and attach both ends with a safety pin. Good luck in the race!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    A quick word of warning: the Lucozade and Runner's World bands have different time splits!

I've just printed off bands for a 3 hour marathon. According to my calculator, RW give you even splits, but Lucozade do not.

For example, RW have you going through 13 miles at 1:29:18 (precisely 6:52m/m) but for some reason Lucozade want you there in 1:29:03. By the time you've gone through 26 miles, the difference is 2:58:37 vs 2:58:06. Not very useful if it's coming down to the wire!

Maybe the Lucozade ones incorporate some sort of recommended positive split, or maybe someone's just got there maths wrong. Either way, I'd strongly recommend checking the times it gives you.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    there = their. (And my dad's a language teacher! *tsk!*)
  • Why not use Tyvek wristbands and use a biro or marker pen to record the split times you are looking for? They cost pennies. Once in place they are waterproof and incredibly tough.

Some events already give you the wristbands (to allocate start times/ start blocks). In which case take a pen from a betting shop with you and a list of your split times to write on the wristband.

My husband ahs a website on wristbands and how to use them- see the link above

• SPAM on a 5 year old thread ?? I think the OP may well be sorted by now.
  • Thank you Rich.

I am relatively new to forums and I suspect I have replied to the wrong thing. I thought this thread was about wristbands and using them to record estimated times during races. I am glad your injury/ OP is better but I wasn't expecting to get a reply back about it and am a little puzzled as to your response. Given that I must have done something wrong could you tell me what I should have replied too? I was looking for information on something else and stumbled on this thread and thought I could help. Does the age of it mean it isn't useful to other people and is the etiquette that it shouldn't be used again?

Thank you

Thank you

• Given that you are resurrecting threads from many years ago and along with a website promoting your own company then it is logical to presume that you are ignoring the terms and conditions of this website and getting a bit of free advertising

Why bother posting if you dont expect a reply?

*reported  by the way

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Relatively new to the forum? So far all you have done is post 2 adverts on 2 very old posts.

What is your running background?

Why did you sign up for the forum?
  • Looks a bit in the dark to me...can't see what sort of runner this forumite is, probably shy

• Thank you for your replies. I think I now understand why I've not been on forums before.I have been running since before computers, and given how unpleasant this has been I am not sure computer forums have done much for running. If you want to see what I've done, why not Google me. Stupidly I seem to have forgotten to hide behind a pseudonym.

I don't seem able to edit or remove what has been put. If I could I would take it down for the anger it has triggered. I came to this forum after a google search on something else about wristbands. I thought it may have been of use to the person at the beginning of the thread. Does it matter that the thread is old if it is still helpful? 

I thought forums where meant to be friendly, helpful places. Not every one is obviously as adept and at ease in this space as you, and for those of us who aren't it would be nice to be given support not sarcasm.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    99% of people on here are pretty friendly, although at certain times there is a lot of SPAM and advertising that goes on that really gets in the way of the "running chat".

Sorry if you got offended but I can see how people would see your post as an advert.

I'm still not sure how your husbands product would help out a marathon runner with their pacing seeing as your product is a blank band which you have to buy in bulk. If I am wrong then please let me know.

I'm sure if you ask a genuine question about running you will get a decent answer.