Monday 16th April 2007

124»

Comments

• Hi everyone, havent had time to read the thread yet..will post first..

Phew that was HOT !!! not as bad a Rotterdam but still...VERY warm..I knew a pb wasnt on the card on the SATURDAY looking at the forecsat ...Paris was 30 degs at the finish I have been told, certainly felt near to that and saw many fall by the way side..
    Not having run in those kind of temps I started VERY slowly...deliberatley letting the sub 3.30 balloons dissapear before even thinking of breaking into more than a gentle jog..managed to stay ahead of the
    sub 3.45 balloons till 10 miles when they came level with me..and gradually disapeared into the distance I could still see them at half way ..which I should have reached in 1.52 but got there in 1.55...I lost them for a while but was pleased to catch them again at 18 miles..to be honest I really didnt feel too bad and wondereed if I should have pushed for a faster first half...but already had made way for 3 ambulances and seen several pull out..I sort of went through patches of feeling really good and not so good, the not so good wasnt too bad I didnt result to walking at all and kept a steady 8.30-9 min miling...a 1.59 second half..4 mins slower than the first..overall 3.54...pleased that I managed a sub 4 at one point I even got a bit frustrated as I couldnt pick up my pace at a congested area due to banana skins bottle tops and people walking...giving me a 1.59 second half ...took on loads and loads of water..and at one point even picked up a dirty sponge to dunk in the bucket...ugh...god knows where it had been ...but it coolied me down...definatley the best course I have run...really enjoyed every minute...amazing start what a sight..and do you know what ???they didnt even stop the traffic at the Arc..runners dodging cars to get to the start..quite amusing really ..
    All in all a great weekend... bit on the hot side and no GFA .. but thinking positive..everyone times seem to be down 10-20 mins ...I got a 10 mile pb a couple of weeks ago thanks to the training...and I now know I can handle 50+ mile week in training.and yesterday I was still running past people at 20-26 miles.. !!!!And today...legs not feeling too bad

• you did fecking brilliant NN
    and a great report luv

you will do that GFA

just pick a nice cool autumn mara

snifff

abo is dead
  • Cheers hipps and sorry to here about abo..Dartmoor vale then ???

ps...
    last hard : yesterday
  • ah well, we go on

maras are maras

I have wailed elsewhere

so
    now

what is next for you
  • you did the wrong furking race for a pb NN

you will do it on the right race
  • Well..I have a London 2008.. place (defferred 2007 ) my sister entered me for Paris as a surprise !!! very nice of her too !!! SO that will be my next marathon...I want to really try and get well under 3.45 I know I can because of my half and 10 mile times..and yesterday in the heat !! So I am going to stick to halves for the rest of this year..Plymouth being the first in may..Torbay in June and Dartmoor vale or Cheddar later in the autumn..with a few 10ks Exmouth and Bampton..eeekkk !! thrown in..I really enjoy the whole racing thing to be honest and lost count of the halves I have done..probably nearly 30 !!! ...should be faster really I probably race too often..
  • The course itself would be right for a PB Hipps ...just not in 30 degs !!
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Well run indeed NN, and sensibly paced in those temps. At least you can put your feet up this Sunday and watch the FLM brigade in action!

Only one fit leg Blisters? Things are looking up for me {O:
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    NN: Well done!