Friday 25th May 2006

Comments

• Night NurseNight Nurse ✭✭✭
    Morning..just surfaced..not after a night shift ,but had to get up @4 this morning, my son is off to Holland on a football tour and the coach was leaving @4.45...after 3 night shifts I really could have done without that so climbed back into bed,

Out with our Marathon group including 200 tonight for a meal.

Wardi that video is hilarious..I am ashamed to say it took a few seconds before I realised it wasnt a real bear and thought the bloke was a lunatic !!! DOH !

DD that is some training run and phew that heat..and yes you have true mates there !! BTW you said to me at the social you were TAPERING ...call THAT a taper..enjoy the rest of your so called taper ..you deserve it ..

NR enjoy your run with Hilly and BR..you must be damn good to have competed with Hilly and from the times you post I would think you will keep up ok...you are in for a great run I would say.

Wabo...wow that sounds really painfull, good for you for carrying on in such terrible pain AND conditions..a real achievement ,out of curiosity what was the winning time for the marathon ?

What : 5-6 easy
    Why : racing sunday
    Last rest ; yesterday
    Last Hard : Wednesday

And Scoobs...yes fingers crossed for a bit of rain and cool conditions.....just hold the head winds !!!
  • Morning peeps.

Some more good racing going on, so well done to all those involved.

Can't remember exactly who though. Sorry ! brain a bit fuddled this morning.

Just done a presentation !

Wabo: Been to Cape Wrath a few years ago, got relatives up in Caithness. Lovely scenery, bit windy usually.
    Well done on the marathon.

All the best to Pammie, Clink, Peter.

What: 45 mins steady this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Even noticed a fox being attacked by a big crow !

Have a good one peeps, if you can.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nn marathon was won in 2.56
    my half took me 2.37 btw!! second slowest ever!

I went to see the fizz yesterday and he said rest, left glute is very tight but I think I could be running soon... the rest of the leg is getting easier every day. I have another session tomorrow and will ask what he thinks about me doing hatfield broad oak on monday. So maybe I run Monday..
    Hope nephew is ok ajh, sounds awful
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
    Take it easy Wabo...you have done alot lately..you are one tough cookie !! I will think of you while running Plymouth half on Sunday...how can I possibly moan about a bit of rain ???
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Very well battled Wabo, well done.

another visit to the gym....

15m on the rower (3300m)
    24m on the bike (9300m)

Missing the outside....... running, oh well Will make up for that camping this weekend.... forcast is rain followed by a bit more rain.......

Have a great long weekend all

Take care
  • Good luck with the camping weather RFJ. I am praying every day for sunshine in the Isle of Wight in 2 weeks!
  • Morning all,
    Track session last night was 6x400m at 800m race pace off 5min recoveries.

I struggled to keep with the younger runners and middle distance guys & gals but quiet pleased that I managed to get all my efforts under 70s!

1) 69s
    2) 69s
    3) 69s - watch strap broke!
    4) 68s
    5) 68s
    6) 68s

What:
    am: 3-miles easy already done at 7:30mm pace, a little achey in the legs, but fine otherwise.

pm: 6-miles steady paced run

Why:
    Aerobic endurance

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Well done Wabo, speedy recovery to your nephew AJH and glad he daughetr had a better night Happiness.
    RFJ enjoy the camping, my two fancy a weekend in the New Forest, might delay that until the summer!

In case I don't post again before the weekend, good luck to those racing!

For me ?
    Well just an easy 5 miles (at most) along the Thames.
    Why : beer and curry tonight and LSD tomorrow morning.

:D
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭
    NN
    Are you having another sober evening? "Social" offer still open, although you would need to vacate before Monday...
  • Back online now..

What: 7.05 miles done (44:32) // 7 miles pm
    Why: Consistency, endurance, getting the miles in etc
    Last hard: Last night
    Last rest: a good few weeks
    200..yes another sober night for me !!getting boring in my old age, I am doing ther unheard of tomorrow..AN EARLY SHIFT !!! to cover for sickness !!! oh well, just think of the overtime !! I need to fund my teen age sons social life !!
  • Back again

What: 7 miles easy (From London E1 around the Isle of Dogs, through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel and up and across Blackheath - has become a favourite route).
    Why: First run after taking a week's rest.
    Last hard: Last night (denying myself a icy cold can of Carling Black Label - hell that WAS hard).
    Last rest: Most of the last 10 days and today (Chelsea Flower Show this afternoon and evening).

Recently completed running 5 marathons within 5 weeks (extended 50th birthday celebrations) culminating 14 days ago in the Orpington Mara-Fun (not so much a competitive race - more of a challenge to complete two 13.1 mile laps of South London Subarbia without getting lost, mugged, run over or arrested on suspicion of fleeing a crime scene). Trying to get into shape now for the North Downs Run on 10 June.

Good luck to those racing over the weekend.
  • NN, will you be wearing anything with your name on? I'll be spectating at Plymouth half, up on the Hoe.
  • Morning all,

DD - nice one, makes me feel guilty complaining about 35+c!

What: Rest
    Why: Day off before 10 Sat then 20 Sun then taper madness!
    Last Hard: 13 days

Have a great day
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    well done graham...
    Ironmel...I run in my club vest..yellow and black SWRR...I will be with another girl in the same ..I shall hunt out scoobs too if you plan to see her ?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good luck nn,look forward to your report!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: 5.4 or so easy
    Why: Lack of time and sore calves

Had planned on 9-10 or so, but our team meeting has been rearranged to immediately after lunch, and ran out of time for longer run. As it was, I only just had time to shower and eat lunch before the meeting.

My calves were also really sore today - might be time to break in the new trainers...

Have a good weekend all

Dave
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Wabo - Ye-ow hope its not serious
    DD - Awesome Run, in awesome heat

Well made it to Hyde Park in time met some forumites and some OH's. Plus my fellow club runner. Off i went on a warm up with FCR. I was keen to do better than last month should have done, temperture was apparently 25 degrees humid, but it didn't feel that uncomfortable so not using that as an excuse.
    I did my normal thing, first km way too fast i had planned to start off slow 5:40 pace and gradually increase the pace. 1st km in 5:24 but it didn't feel hat fast not at all and 77% HR was quite easy. Then the wheels came off, could see Tracey ahead but couldn't catch her up at all
    splits with last months times in brackets + todays avg MHR%

5:24 (5:27) 77
    5:45 (5:37) 84
    5:50 (5:54) 86
    5:52 (5:52) 86
    5:34 (5:22) 87

Overall 28:31 (28:13) official 28:33 a measly 53.1% age grading

The going too fast is becoming a habit must control that but how do you do that when it feels very easy.

Not too upset by result just a little mad with myself

Clink hope you got the result you wanted
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Pammie: Good effort.

What: Some running drill then 30 mins run outside. Another 20mins on elliptical trainer.

Its our 16th wedding anniversary - only seems like yesterday.........

• Evening

AJust heading out for a lovely meal :0)

Flyaway and AJH - oooh so we are considering the Little Woody then? I must admit I would be very pleased if I got round that as tis the half ironman distance I think. I would be terrified and an absolute nightmare! But well one for all and all for one? What do you reckon? Could we do it? :0) Have broached subject gently with Mr Scoobs and positive vibes are occurring! He says Forest of Dean is lovely! So 1st September - Little Woody? What do you both reckon. Would be great to meet Flyaway and even more of them there swashbucklin pirate creatures! :0)

but could i do on hy hybrid I wonder and Flyaway needs a bike and a wetsuit! But all summer to sort out?

Ooh all excited. Dunno why. Tis pure madness you know!
  • EEk just been reading up - about 60 miles on bike! I've only ever done 65 and that was with 2 ''stuff in cake'' stops! And THEN a half marathon. Oh hec! And before that some ridiculous swims! Oh double hec!
  • NN - no need to hunt! I'll be with the sea of trotters by the lighthouse! And after the race, I'll no doubt be in chat for England mode so no escaping now!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Pammie well done on your race dont worry you will get the pb next race:-)Yoiu worked hard in your race!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Poppy wish i had your confidence, a 4 minute improvement in a month is asking a lot, if someone knows a legal way of doing this kindly let me know

Thanks nrg-b and congrats on your anniversary, must be the day for it, another forumites anniversary as well today
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    OOh I meant SB on the other race just keep digging away you will get there:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good evening

What: 20 mins steady
    Why: keeping the fath
    Last Hard: back in April
    Last rest: yesterday

No notable discomfort, though I was blowing a bit. However I expect the knee to be as stiff as a board tomorrow.

Currently watching "The Natural" on ITV3, the second best sports movie ever, behind "Breaking Away", although I do belive another strong candidate is "Field of Dreams" (BR?)
  • Scoobs, the little woody would be a "just get round and enjoy it" I am really quite keen and reckon that as long as I can do the bike bit I would be ok.
  • oh yes, and good luck to all those at the Plymouth Half, shall be thinking of you.

Pammie........it really was quite humid today so dont be too upset with yourself. You WILL come back.
  • Scooby: My other half grew up in the Forest of Dean, mother-in-law still lives there, it is gorgeous. That doesnt get me closer to a wet suit though!!! But yes, I think we could do it...if we were crazy enough to try. heh. Do we know when entries close? (ie: how long do we have to wibble about it?!) It would be good training though, for when we do the full distance next year....(!!)

Tom: If you build it, he will come....

Best sporting movie? Has to be "Cool Runnings". Discuss.