The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Morticia - I'm sure they could squeeze you in at Cork next week although you could probably get 2 weeks in Spain for the cost of my 4 day trip. I'm actually going to get myself a club vest to wear but if I don't feel up for the race on the day I'll leave it in the suitcase to avoid shaming the club !

Not sure of any other summer marathons. I suppose we are all destined to be sat in beer gardens, feeling empty because the football season only last for 48 weeks a year and running the occasional 5K or 10K.
  • Mickey6/Minnie6--I'm spending the evening doing my summer race plan/Snowdonia Marathon training plan wallchart. (GBM-get a life!) Could you be so kind as to put your 'Fell Race list' on here again. Thank you!

I've found 2 more Fell races that i might try--

THIS MONDAY!!!!--Shutlingsloe FR. 2 miles. Wildboarclough. 2.45pm.

Friday 8th June--Castleton FR

WITGB--Are you a Powderkeg groupie?
  • GBM I did mine last night,training offically starts July 9th for me.
    Only one half booked Macc,have you sussed out anymore?
  • Jonah8--Mine also starts on the 9th July. What, when and where is that 20 miler that you mentioned a few weeks ago.
  • Jonah8--Leek half marathon? 26th Aug.
  • Worked out a good mtb route for Sunday , finish at cafe at Roman Lakes before going back to Hollins Lane or could finish at Norfolk Arms , taking in Mellor Hall, Strines Station etc, meet 9.00am car park at bottom of Hollins Lane .
  • GBM - I will be at Shutlingsloe Race on Monday in my official ranger capacity!!

I'll be holding the rope across the river and 1st aid duty!!!!!!!!
  • BTB - Your bike will be nice and clean for Sunday, M6 is kindly letting me use one of his other bikes.

M6 - is it easier if I cycle BTB's to the meeting point and you meet us there ? (or if everyone wanted to they could meet at mine so I dont have to get up so early and perhaps teher might be some suasage and bacon sandwiches ready as we will all need some carbs to soak up the beer... I mean to keep us going through such a strenuous training session?)

GBM/Morticia - I just did a filter on 'Stockport' - sorry.
  • M6 - what route? Or is it to remain a surprise?

This weekend is the 100 year scouting celebration at Linnet Clough. 1200 scouts will be clogging the place up on sunday morning so we might not be able to thunder down the track back to the Roman Lakes if that was the plan.

Isaac - this could be complicated - will you ride my bike back to M/Bridge - or, if you have another, shall I run to yours for 8.30 and ride mine back or.. or...?
  • Isaac - cross post! I'll shut up and turn up where/whenever I'm told.

DB may join us.

DB - Elise will not only lend you her bike, but has offered to babysit at yours if it helps you + Tony out. She must want rid of me for something.
  • DB - it was me beeping you on the A6 last night!

Daz - M6 and I did the Preston 10 last year - it's a fast course (not for me last year but it is my PB course!) - 2 laps and quite nice!

GBM - need to look at the calendar - do you have a fell race handbook? If not, we'll lend you ours.

Buxton half on Sunday anyone?
  • BTB - we saw the scouts tonight on our run - they were everywhere!
  • GBM don't think I can make The Leek half,might be in The Lakes.
    Was that 20 miler in Stafford can't find it now.

Isaac Mickey's arranged to meet Andy N and his mate there can anyone contact them?
  • GBM, What were your splits on Sunday? I think I'll spend my evening analysing your race so I can provide the constuctive feedback you need....actually I think I'd like to encourage a little intrinsic feedback so before tomorrow morning I would like you to have a think about:
    1. Which parts of the race you think went very well
    2. Which parts you would run differently if you were to do it again.
    I will then ask the rest of the group to tell you what they noticed about your race - where you looked strong and where you may be able to improve.
  • PG--Saturdays race, although quicker than Sundays, was a poor effort. So i think we should focus on that.

1) The first 13 miles went well.
    2) I would definitely run the 2nd half of the race differently next time. Instead of feeling tired from 13 miles onwards and blowing up at 20 miles, i will run at 6.30min/mile pace.

I hope this helps you to provide me with your usual calm, tactful advice/encouragement.

"GBM, you are f***ing shit!! 3hrs 47 minutes!! You're a f***ing disgrace to the club!! Blowing up at 20 miles and feeling sorry for yourself, TART! Oh it was a bit windy and there was a 22 mile incline, f***ing soft useless b*****d!! Athlete of the Month, my f***ing arse!!!!!!!!!"
  • Minnie6--I do have a FR handbook and i've spent ages looking through it but it doesn't say which races you and Mickey are doing. Can you speak to the editor before the 2008 book comes out so that this doesn't happen again?
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Right thats all the cleaning done, Im allowed on the computer now.

Who, what, where, tomorrow & Sunday?

Sat 8:30 @ Disley Car Park - running in Lyme Park (Trail Shoes)

Sun 9:00 @ Hollins Ln Car Park - biking with Mickey

Is this correct & will I come down the hill, turn right at the lights & easily spot the car park at Hollins Ln?

GBM are you doing the race on Sun & can I borrow you FRA book?
  • Kwaka--8am tomorrow Disley station. Bring road and trail shoes.

Sunday info correct. Bring waterproofs!!

Not made my mind up about Sunday yet! I will bring FRA book tomorrow.

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    GBM- Thanks for the suggestions but I remembered afterwards the small matter of the 50 mile thing in July! The Peaker's stroll looks good but it's the weekend before AND it's 25 miles which is annoying.

PG- I think you'll find GBM will blame me for giving him incorrect information about the ascent in WP which caused his downfall. I am however to blame for his Windermere time because I kept stopping and sulking. He is rubbish at walking quickly though.
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Mort - whats the 50 miler?
  • Sat 2rd June - Stockport Harriers pub crawl

7:00pm - Queens Head, Little Underbank - Winters - Spread Eagle (next to brewery)

8:30pm - Waterloo (off hillgate) - Sun & Castle - Star & Garter - Weatsheaf

10:30 - Blossoms - Curry ( A6 opposit pub )

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Kwaka- Kent 50 mile challenge. I know it's a long way but it's supposed to be really good and well organised and I can tie in a visit to my mum!

Kent 50 mile challenge
  • M--I'm away that weekend! What about the weekend after?

Found another fell race.

Stockport Harriers should bring back The Vanessa Chappell FR. Why did we stop doing it? Health and Safety issues?

PG--WP marathon was all Morts fault!!!
  • M the harriers pub crawl coincides with Stockport beer and cider festival, it's either the wincle trout fell race or TReebeard.
  • DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    There's a fell race at Bamford Sheepdog Trials on Monday, which I was thinking I might do, but the weather is looking like kiboshing a family day out :o(

Other than that (and apart from my sneaky 1st relay leg of Man v Horse on June 9th), I am now looking at the Two Lads at Horwich on June 21st as my first fell race...
  • See you all at 08:00.

WITGB you lazy good for nothing... If you want a lift be at mine by 07:50.

BTB - I am sure we will sort something out for Sunday, but you running to mine to pick your bike up does sound like a great idea, unless M6 can fit your bike in his super car.
  • Cant we meet at the top of a hill on Sunday instead of below sea level ?
  • Isaac- new plan. I'll pick you up at your house at 8.30am we can put the three bikes in the car and drive up to J8's, BTB can meet us there, then we can roll down the hill to meet the others for 9.00am.

New Route- Marple Bridge,Roman Lakes , Strines Station, Birch Vale, Chinley Churn,Hayfield, Lantern Pike,Rowarth,Mellor via Church, Marple Bridge.
  • GBM - How I wish I had seen your post before I came to Disley this morning. I really feel that I let you down by not reinforcing your positive thinking re your ability as an endurance athlete. I will prepare an exercise on positive imagery that you can carry out on the run on Monday. I think this will do you the world of good.
    Morticia - I know you are trying to protect GBM but really we know that you were trying to get him to sort his pace out by putting in sensible walking breaks. He needs to learn from you and although you let him think you were sulking he should realise that you were actually conserving energy by refusing to chat along the way. A very sensible approach I must say - an approach that GBM should learn from - he is far too quick to prat around and forget his race plan completely.
  • M6 - fantastic route. One to convert the infidels.

J8 - get the hang of those gears before sunday! I'll turn up at yours at 8.50ish if that's OK.