The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• EricSeagullEricSeagull ✭✭✭
    I too don't post anymore because of the lower tone on this thread - drivel, drivel, drivel...................Comments??
  • Eric--Comment!- If that message of yours doesn't increase the amount of drivel on here, then nothing will.

M--I've spent ages trying to convince everyone on here that i have a poor taste in music. All i've done is mention that i've started to listen to 'Death to The Pixies' and i'm suddenly held in the same regard as John Peel. All that hard work for nothing.
    I must point out that i have just purchased 'The Best of The Carpenters' on ebay?

Green corduroy trousers.
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    TST - did you say you were doing Dublin? I have entered as I figured it would be rude not to seeing as it was kindof on home soil. I think FOAR is also doing it, anyone else?
  • Is it me turning into a snob or is Stockport full of scuzzy people and scuzzy shops?! I think I'm going to have to try and get over my motorway phobia and shop further afield.
  • DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    keep meaning to ask - what happened to the Tuesday Night 5k Time Trials?
    I assume they petered out through lack of support/interest?
  • Daz - the organiser lost interest, so stopped and no one picked it up, and not many were doing them, sale is too popular.

Minnie - GBM is the closest to stockport centre, just imagine what they are like closer in.
    And if you go beyond, well, our big little TST has had police around her street, 7 doors down is a cannabis factory, you just don't get that out in the hills.

Clairster - Foar is doing it, and when we get a day together I shall confirm with mgmt and get entered. I think EL C and amybe bikerckick are going. Suppose GBM and mort could do snowdon on sat then dublin on the monday, with a days rest they would be phenomenal
  • Daz - the organiser lost interest, so stopped and no one picked it up, and not many were doing them, sale is too popular.

Minnie - GBM is the closest to stockport centre, just imagine what they are like closer in.
    And if you go beyond, well, our big little TST has had police around her street, 7 doors down is a cannabis factory, you just don't get that out in the hills.

Clairster - Foar is doing it, and when we get a day together I shall confirm with mgmt and get entered. I think EL C and amybe bikerckick are going. Suppose GBM and mort could do snowdon on sat then dublin on the monday, with a days rest they would be phenomenal
  • sorry for repeating, must be something i ate
  • The route for the new Mills tri has been posted here. Yes, that is the dual carraigeway as far as the Chinley badlands, and yes, that is the climb up past the Lamb to Peep o Day and down. The run looks a bit more straightforward. What a great route - get ye all signed up.

• BTB - it's a pity we're away - we could have got the binoculars out and watched from our garden!
  • Minnie6--There is nothing wrong with being a snob. I'm the biggest snob i know. I can count on one hand the amount of times i have been shopping in Stockport town centre in the last 10 years. SCUM!!!!! I do all my shopping at Handforth Dean with the 'I couldn't help noticing that i am considerably richer than you' brigade. ARSEHOLES!!!!
    If only Bill Hicks was still alive. I could join his 'People who hate people party'. Sorry, i'm lowering the tone again with my drivel.

BTB--The New Mills Tri is tempting, but it's the day after Teggs Nose. Decisions, decisions.
  • GBM - maybe we could start our own "People who hate people Party"! You could be the founder member.
  • Holiday packing must be so much easier for lazy people - I've got 5 pairs of shoes to take including walking boots and running shoes!
  • GBM - scratch Tegg's Nose, do NM tri instead.

Bill Hicks was, and remains, God. His 'we want our thumbs' routine goes through my mind every time I go to Hayfield. Fantastic.

Bloody Hell - the Pixies and now Bill Hicks in one day. It could be 1991 again. Happy days.
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    minnie - totally..you should have seen what i took on my running holiday earlier in the year..holiday packing must be a lot more fun and easier than packing up everything you own :). i have to keep doing it in stages and for some insane reason i thought 5boxes was enough for my stuff, erm wishful thinking!
  • BTB--I could do both!

Bill Hicks, World Cinema and The Pixies!! We have so much in common!!!
    I've just spent the last hour watching Bill on Youtube. There's some stuff i haven't seen or heard before.
    I never tire of listening to him. Most of his material is more relevant now than it was 17 years ago. Part of me is glad he died young. Everything he hated back then has got far worse since and i don't think he would have coped with the world as it is today!!
  • Clairster - If I forget to mention it later in the week all the very best for your new adventure. All being well I am also moving at the end of next week although I don't even have the boxes yet !

Yes, I have entered Dublin again (3rd consecutive year) but Cork first on Monday. Hopeful I can run now after an enforced rest since Eyam. If not I'll be on the lash !
  • GBM - before you ask - no, I won't marry you. Download this about the great man. I can't see the Flying saucer tour on you tube - shame - fantastic stuff.
  • FOAR--If i don't see you at the track tomorrow night then good luck in Cork. I had a weekend in Cork a few years ago. Really enjoyed it, some great pubs. It's worth a quick trip to 'Kiss the Blarney Stone' and it has the best river in the world!!
  • BTB--Thanks, i enjoyed that! 'Rant in E-minor' is my favourite. Very dark!!
  • NM tri v teggs nose, close choice, teggs possibly tougher.
    Why did i ever get talked into entering NM, I feel little TST is going to beat me.
    Anyone got a decent bike to lend? a hidden motor would be nice.

Isaac/BTB/WITGB I have witgb bike here, if i ride over and fetch btb back, would that help relocate the bikes.
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    FOAR - thanks, good luck in cork and with the move! hope the injury holds ok
  • DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    clairster - I'm off for a week's hols as of tomorrow, so today is my last chance to wish you Good Luck With Your Move!
    Hope everything goes smoothly, and you are soon online from Norn Iron, regaling us with tales of your new running routes!
    How often are you intending to come back to the mainland for races?
    (I ask because you mentioned the Guy Fawkes 10 on t'other thread)
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    NOREEN IS ALIVE!! I SAW HER ON THE SOAP AWARDS LAST NIGHT!!!! Just when I was feeling really depressed due to a lack of marathons, my considerable recent weight gain, loads of annoying kids in the house for 2 weeks and the return of the shin splints, along comes Noreen to brighten up my day.
  • M&M Enjoy your holiday,M new car arrives next week hope it's been worth the wait.

Thought it was the 3 peaks this weekend but it's next week so I'm doing a run from Disley station on Sunday morning half 8 for those who are interested.

• BTB Are you about later for a bike ride with me and Mr S?
  • J8 - where and when? Mrs BTB is off swimming tonight (not sure of the time) so maybe, maybe not.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Clairster- I might do Dublin now. Looks like holiday-wise I won't get back in time to do Snowdonia, so Dublin would make up for the disappointment of missing the Wedding Present and being subjected to 10 days in the sun etc etc.

GBM- We are thinking of going to Tenerife now. Where did you go? Any advice appreciated.