Saturday 2nd June 2007

2»

Comments

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭
    flyaway
    Congrats on your 10k PB, I'm sure you'll beat it soon. I did a good time on my first 10K, took 2 years to beat it!

What: Rest
    Why: Exmouth 10K tomorrow
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    flyaway well done on your debut 5km

clink sorry it didn't go as you'd like, but with the fast unning you did do earlier in the week and the heat probably did effect it. It will come together

Good luck for Thursday though
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Sodahead - I have done NF marathon and have to say it's not that bad. The hills are not steep, they're long and steady apart from a couple near the end.

NR - it was 49 mins not 50:-))

Peter - sorry to read you DNF the 100k.

flyaway - it takes a few attempts to get used to racing 10ks. The mistake most people make in their first ones is setting off too quick.
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭
    Evening hilly
    My last 10K was my "comeback race". That was 49 minutes as well. A tad quicker tomorrow I hope!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening all GOD I AM SLOW

I ran 2.28 in the 800

AND

4.52 in the 1500, I was faster in the last 800 metres than I was in the BLOODY 800.

I did one jump in the Pole Vault cleared the minimum height and retired with my one point earned.

Got lucky in the 4 x 400 relay as we were very last so I just jogged round.
  • Hilly

Sorry mate!! Long time ago and age is getting the better of my memory!!

• what: 8m
    why: recovery, but turned into fastest time on this course this year. Must be the 400s.
    last hard: thursday
    last rest: 403
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good evening....moving on from last Tuesday's downbeat post. I ran again today, although it was a pretty painful experience, it wasn't as "aweful" as Tuesday last. I managed 5.2 miles the furthest I've run since the start of April, though it hurt a lot. Pace was 6:54 per mile, though I expect I won't be able to run tomorrow. However by Monday pm I should be able to cope again. I'm hoping to carry this uncomfortable equilibrium through to next Friday when I hope to get to the bottom of my injury problems,

Prety upbeat...huh
  • Gentle post......remove matey/mate?!:-))
  • Flyaway - congrats on your debut 10k - looking at your huge negative split - looks like plenty to come off yet, but that's a great way to run them!

Clink - sounded tough, good luck for next Thursday.

Tom - do you do any easy running?

Gobi - you must have been saving yoursel;-)

What: 9 miles with group - last 2 racing for home!