Daily Cake Eating Thread (Also Incorporating Pies)

What: Victoria Sponge (6oz)
Why: It's in my schedule
Last Lard: Yesterday
Last Cappuccino: 3:32pm

A full bodied but light sponge, cutting it to it with my fork it felt springy yet light as indeed a Victoria Sponge should. Small crumbs falling off the side exposed the delicate and uniform baking process so important in the creation of such a quality cake.

On the palate it was not to disappoint. Melting slowly on the lounge with a not displeasing but slightly overpowering taste of fresh strawberry jam.

Washed down with some medium strength cappuccino, the second mouthful was also a delight and was not to be dominated by the coffee taste.

Lyric: Some stupid dance band

Comments

• What: toblerone 400g size
    Why: what's the point in anything less?
    Last lard; As above
    Last cappuccino: Wot? Sunday afternoon, am quaffing wine for England (and have no idea who's in the team!)
  • What: apple delice
    Why: it has white almond butter in it
    Last lard: is there such a thing as vegan lard?
    Last cuppa: barley cup about 43 mins ago

Lyric: Ruby, Ruby, Rubyyyyyy, by the Kaiser Chiefs
  • ooh SW, picked up a 'new' toblerone fruit & nut today, not that I eat the stuff, just liked the look of it & knew it would come in handy for the kids at some point!
  • Oops Lyric. Toblerone melting. "I'll stop the world I'll melt with you"
  • AL - cor yum! Really????
  • What: Thorntons chocolate
    Why: 2 for 1 at outlet shop - well it would have been rude not to!
    Last Lard: Lemon drizzle cake yesterday
    Last Cappuccino: Tea drinker
  • KK Um...not sure. Played football? Will ask blokes at W place tomorrow morning.

Any of that custard slice left?
  • What: chocolate cake
    Why: Home made, so had to eat.
    Last Cappuccino: 1.00pm

A full on fattening experience. bugger the weight, three pieces is just enough!! finger licking good!!!

Lyrics: don't know but mine would be 'I just can't live without you, you are too good to be true!!'

If the cake didn't make me sick, the above would. I just love cake!!
  • What: two jaffa cakes
    Why: no other biscuits in the house
    Last Cappuccino: strictly lapsang
  • What: slice of rustica in Verdi's on Swansea Bay
    Why: long run followed by cycle. so I'd earned it
    Last Lard: Yesterday probably, but can we not think about it please?
    Last Cappuccino: also yesterday, nice coffee in Verdi's
    Lyric: Listening to friend of friend explain broken foot and thinking how lucky I am to have 2, neither broken.
  • Morning munchers

What: somerfields double chocolate muffin
    Why: because they are buy 1 get one free
    Last hard :yesterday
    Last cappuccino: bloody ages ago
    Lyrics.... OH !!!its on the tip of my tongue, will rememeber in a minute !!
  • Sorry folks, I've had a terrible week - no sweet stuff at all. Have cross trained by eating a packet of ready salted crisps though - does that count?

What can I do to get my sweet tooth back?
    Go back to the beginner's schedule of chocolate buttons and Swizzel's lollies?
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Lynne, I recommend a few careful savory sessions over the next fortnight, not too quick but with the emphasis on quality. Make sure the pies you choose are full bodied yet with light pastry. Chicken and Leek or even Steak Pie (so long as the sauce does not have too much alcohol in it) are a good start.

Only my opinion and other munchers may disagree.
  • I disagree WA.. Lynne needs to start getting some sweet sessions in ASAP, savory sessions are obviously dampening her sweet tooth, soon she will be relying totally on pies and pasties , and sweet tooth days will be a thing of the past for her...I suggest Lynne that you go and buy a family bar of Cadburys caramel and just GO FOR IT !!!
  • Lynne...non of that starting slowly and building up...just stuff yer face !!
  • What: baked cheesecake with homegrown strawberry compote
    Why: Mum wanted to try a baked cheesecake recipe and it was Sunday
    Last Cappuccino: Double espresso about half an hour ago

I would like to say a full on fattening experience, but it was the low fat recipe from RW so not really...although three of us shared the whole thing!
  • Whatever route you take to get back into the sweet stuff, ensure it is swift and successful. Start with a pie but buy dessert as same time and consume both quickly. Wash down with lots of coffee and then just savour the flavour and rest your belly!!!

Not that I have a lot of experience of these things!!
  • Just baked a marmalade cake for the old lady who lives in our garden but bay has eaten most of it and i had to taste it to check it was ok...:-)
  • Sorry I missed yesterday. No time to read back properly, but I see there have been lots of impressive feats of cake-eating.

Yesterday ...

What: Home-made banana cake. Medium slice at lunchtime and large chunk at 7pm. And some chocolate at bedtime.
    Why: Post-run refuelling. And because the cake is best eaten within 24 hours of being made.
    And: This new cake-instead-of-fruit schedule is really working.

Today ...

What: Tuna sarnies.
    Why: Rest day.
    Last lard: Yesterday's banana cake.
    Last cappuccino: Urgh! Large black americano, please.

Actually, although it's a rest day, I may just have a flapjack later to disperse the lactic acid build-up in my mandible.
  • Hope you don't mind me joining your thread, but cake is my life!

what: home made mars bar crispy cake topped with melted galaxy chocolate.
    Why: it's why I run
    last lard: this morning, could have had cereal but there was a piece of flapjack left...and I will be running later.
    cappucino: will be in about an hour when I have my day off lunch treat at the deli..with an apple and cinnamon muffin of course.
    Lyric: One, two, three four, five..lets go for a drive.
    question: was this written by my six year old niece, or paul Mcartney?
  • Today ...

What: Tuna sarnies (snap velociraptor)
    Why: 6M easy (and its back to running)
    Last lard: Yesterday's baked cheesecake.
    Last cappuccino: Two large 'mugs' of espresso, served like black americano...

no scheduled cake until the weekend :( but lots of dried fruit was the healthy but sweet kick i needed
  • Oops! I was going to have a rest day today, but one of the receptionists brought in a cherry madeira cake so I joined in the cake-eating session just to be sociable. I'm a saintly soul and couldn't refuse to help out the lightweights when they know what a talented cake-eater I am.

That gives me a cake-eating streak of 9 days now, or 178 days if you count flapjacks and cheese scones.
  • I have to report DOUBLES for me...was going to just go for the Choc muffin , but after a swift recovery have just put in a LSM (long slow munch) on a lemon bakewell !!

Wouldnt want to do doubles EVERYDAY..but maybe 2 or 3 times a week now in my schedule !
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    What: A whole packet of Jaffa Cakes.
    Why: Because they were there.
    Last lard: Yesterday's chocolate pancakes with ice-cream.
    Last cappuccino: Sorry, black Americano. Two large ones today.
    Lyric: I'm Not Okay - My Chemical Romance. Ironic really as I'm very okay!
  • We all seem to be cake fiends. well done on setting up the new thread WA. Great idea.

No cake for me yet, just two bars of chocolate to help me stay awake today!!!

And three coffees!

• Lynne - one good way back to the righteous path is via the blessings of fresh cream cakes, providing a jumping off point from the dark world of the savoury back to the blessed sugar lands. For example, a good fruit scone, liberally spread with salted butter, jam and cream is good and sweet, but with a salty, bready thing going on too. Also try coffee choux buns from Sweetmans, and the Tesco's finest eclair assortment (NB the vanilla flavour, do not share this with anyone, it's way too good). You will soon be back to full strength and spilling over the top of your jeans just like me. No falso modesty, it's just a thing I do really well.