Options

Off road running route

Hi All, does anyone know a good running route (say 5 miles) off road within say 20 mins drive from Chichester, West Sussex? Thanks, Nick

Comments

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Nick - i dont, but if you get an Ordnance Survey map 1:25000 scale of the area you live, you will be able to make up your own....bound to be plenty I should think!
  • Options
    Cheers Nick, will try that for sure. If anyone jogs in the Chichester area and has a favoured off road route; could be a dis-used railway line, be grateful. Thanks Nick
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Alternatively there is bound to be a running club in the area, who will prob know of routes as well.

I love exploring the countryside around where I live....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt!

good lcuk
  • Options
    Isn't the canal long enough? I drive over it regularly and often wonder about running along it. Someone told me it is 3 miles long so a run to one end and back will cover it. Then there's the forest around Goodwood (if you like hills) and if you want to go just a bit over 20 minutes away there are plenty of trails around the Forest of Bere and Queen Elizabeth Country Park just off the A3.
  • Options
    Thanks very much Phil. I am relatively new to the area, so don't know where the canal is (but I will ask/look). Will also check out forest around Goodwood and Forest of Bere & QE Country Park - they sound what am looking for. Much appreciated! Thanks, Nick
  • Options
    Hi Nick, if you log onto www.realbuzz.co.uk you can plan your routes using postcodes, tools include road maps and even air photo's (great for planning off road routes) this will also tell you the mileage of your route. Great site which is free to use, just takes about 5mins to log your details down to make yourself a user a/c
  • Options
    Thanks Happy, have logged on and opened account on realbuzz and its great! With a combination of the advice of the other posts, I think I am well placed to find a route for me. Thanks again, Nick
  • Options
    ok mate, something else you can do on realbuzz is log down info in my stuff on all the runs you do, mileage, weather, how you felt etc, usefull so you can see how you progress and helps to keep you motivated. Good luck.
  • Options
    Nick, if you find the canal (it runs from Chichester town down to the sea) can you let me know if it's possible to run all the way along it? Much appreciated. philk