IM Wisconsin 2008

Just an initial thread to see if anyone else out there in lurker land is interested in traveling further afield that Nice.

I would like to stress to any first timers who want to go to an IM and have the full force of a pirate support crew to consider Nice before this, (even though I must stress that training is a pre cursor as Nice is tough ... lol !!!) the pirate support wagon is a formidable force that can give you that extra few minutes that you need or the extra impetus on the run when you think all is lost.

For me, I have done Nice and I will hop eot be on the Promenade des Anglais supporting but my heart lies elsewhere next year.

I aim to do firstly Roth, which I have entered and then IM Wisconsin, which I haven't and can't til September 10th this year.

I have a tri club colleague who has done this race many times and also this year and checked thru the race reports. Its not an easy course, in fact its reasonably technical on the bike and conveluted run. The main factor for the bizarre differences in times year on year is the weather though, a bit mad in madison around September and has ranged from mid range winters to Sahara heatwaves (this is a US point of view ;-))

Anyway, if anyone fancies it, join in, if not I am sure this thread will degenerate at some point so bring it on lol !!!

Comments