Training diarys/blogs

Hi

I have seen links on here to good training diaries/blogs but can't seem to find them!
Could anyone please recommend a good one.
I have been off running for 5 months due to an injury and want to make sure that I am keeping track of my progress properly so it doesn't reoccur!
Also it will hopefully provide me with some much needed motivation!

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Hi Hoggle

I monitor all my training in www.fitnessjournal.org

It's American, but still good despite that... ;o)

You can log your daily activity (running, cycling, swimming, walking, weights... whatever you want), put in your race dates, compare your distances/hours training with others, see your progress in miles plotted over a map of the US or Canada or Australia...

There's lots of little motivating bits and bobs in it. You can even monitor your diet, although I found it quite time consuming after a while. It was useful for me to do it for a bit to see where I was going wrong though... How many bags of crisps...?!?!? :o)

I can't remember how much it cost - worked out about £25 or so - maybe... I just put it on my credit card.

The good thing about it is you can keep it updated wherever you are, as long as you have internet access.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

Now I just have to get out there and do it!!!
  • Hoggle,

go for it, I'm just coming back from Achilles tendonitis, it's not quite fixed yet, but it's now bearable.

I got so frustrated with not running that I started again (taking sensible precautions) and now feel so much better.

email me if I can help motivate you in any way
  • Thanks, thats what I need to here!
    I am going to the gym today and am going to do a short session on the x-trainer to see how I go!

Good luck with you recovery as well!