Options

I did it!!!!!!!!!!

I ran the Dulwich 10k today. My time was 1hour 11mins. I wasn't even last like I really thought I would be.
I am really proud of my medal and I had a lovely day. I have another race in 4 weeks and I will try to beat my own time.
Just thought I would share this with you all.
Catrine

Comments

• Options
    Well done Catrine - were you nervous? I am going to do the stroud half marathon in two weeks time my first ever race!!!! Good luck on your next event.
  • Options
    Hey Catrine,
    Well Done You. You'll remember your first Race for a long time to come, I'm sure. But to have done it on the day Paula R. blasted the World Record in the marathon - now there's an added memory for you.
    You're right to be proud of your achievement. Whether you're last or not really doesn't matter alongside the fact of completing the distance in your best time.
    Good Luck for the next race. Where will that be?
    JC
  • Options
    Well done Catrine, and good luck Cratchers.

I did my first ever race last week, the GNR, and now I'm hooked, cannot wait for my next one.
  • Options
    Knew youd do it Catrine
  • Options
    Catrine that is just so encouraging - thank you! The Brighton 10K will be my first, and I'm really scared.
  • Options
    Well done, Catrine. Not only did you finish, you got a very respectable time (less than 11.5 minute miles, which definitely isn't walking pace!), and your next race is bound to be even better.

Cratchers, good luck at Stroud. Sounds like a great event - I'd have been tempted to join you there if I wasn't going to be climbing a hill about 500 miles away on the previous day.

Sassie, don't worry. Races are very different from training runs and on the day you will be able to pull out a performance you didn't think was within your capabilities. Isn't that right, Catrine? You've been there now - you know!

Better warn, you, though, racing is at least as addictive as running itself is.
  • Options
    Catrine - I've not done a race yet (my fitst will be the Brighton 10k on Nov 17). I just wanted to say well done and keep it up! The only way is up - you can only get better!

Congratulatory (sp?) Shambler!
  • Options
    Caterine

Well done girl!! - welcome to the world of racing, enjoy it whilst you have the determination and good health to participate.

All the very best in your endeavours.
  • Options
    Catrine,
    Well Done- I've got my first 10K mid Nov. a I'm really nervous and my training has taken a turn for the worst, but you have spurred me on. Thanks
  • Options
    Catrine

Well done in deed. I did my second race yesterday and seriously improved my pace. It was brilliant. Good luck in your achieving your goal and you will enjoy the next even more.
  • Options
    Congratulations Catrine - sure it won't be your last race! I ran the race too, and thought it was really well organised.
  • Options
    Thank you for all your positive comments. Have also just moved house (2days ago) so I have just plugged the computer in.
    I was terribly nervous, but once I started running I just fell into it like on a training run. The feeling of seeing my 2 daughters at the finishing line waving at me and all the people cheering me on as I "ran" past was amazing. The atomphere on the days was fantastic and the sense of achievement when I finished was terrific. I am doing the Rainforest foundation sponsored funrun on the 10th November and am, hoping to improve on my time.

Thanks to all you friendly runners out there

Catrine
  • Options
    Catrine
    Just spotted the thread - brilliant, see told you you could do it!

Hope you treated yourself
  • Options
    Thanks Nick, I did treat myself to a rather nice Chinese meal and a gorgeous bottle of wine. I had been so virtuous and good I thought "I must have burned about 7000 calories today" and decided to stuff my face.
    Went running tonight for 1/2 hour. Not very appealing with all the rain and wind.

• Options
    Go Girl!!!
    It's a fantastic feeling, isn't it! I've done 3 10K races and I'm still as nervous and there is still a point where I think I'm never going to finish! I wonder if that ever goes. I'm considering a 10 mile next month but I know there is a world of difference between the two!
  • Options
  • Options
    Catrine, well done to you! A chinese meal and a bottle of wine - now that's the way to go..
  • Options
    Good luck if you decide to go for the 10mile run Carmel. I'm sure you can do it. I was also very nervous before the start, I didn't think I would be, but I think it's good to keep yourself a bit alert and on your toes so to speak.
    I had such a laugh looking at the results table on the website of the running club who organised the race, though. I was number 640 out of 650 runners and I was classed as a female senior. It really cracked me up.
    Thank you Philip and Gnasher. I am already planning my big treat after my next race.
    Maybe an Indian and some wine....