Running Clubs

I wanted to start this thread off because I am relatively new to running. Trained for the FLM this year and found it very tough as generally I trained alone. After completing the marathon decided that I had got the running bug but needed to join a Club otherwise I would not keep the momentum going.

Have done so two weeks ago and all I can say is that it's brilliant

Club is friendly, welcoming, all levels, very accommodating and the best decision I have made yet.

I was very dubious beforehand but within a week, I feel at home and relaxed when I run because they all are supportive.

I am now finding my running times are really improving and that's after 2 weeks.

The runs are much more interesting as they tend to be x-country and there is the opportunity to run longer runs as well as speedwork and hillwork. All in all they offer you exactly what you need to improve. If that's not what drives you to run and you just merely want to run and enjoy, you have that option too. You don't have to be competitive and want to break PB's all the time. The idea is to enjoy.

I write this as I think there are many beginners and novices out there who are dubious.

My final words are take the plunge. Make enquiries as to your local club(s) and try out. I am sure the majority of clubs are very similar to the one I have joined.

Go For It! Amen

Comments