Running Clubs in SOlihull

Hi

I live in Solihull, near the town centre and I am interested in joining a running club as my motivation is waining running on my own and as the winter sets there is only one way it can possibly go

I have concerns about such clubs, mainly to do with the standard. I would describe myself as no better than an average standard runner (45 min 10k, 1.45 1/2 marathon) and am concerned I will be much slower than everybody else and therefore become the social outcast of the club

Does anybody go to any running clubs in Solihull? if so could they give me some insight on the club and some encouragement to go, and that my aforementioned concerns are a load of twaddle

Many Thanks

Hinkel

Comments

• Hinkel,

I'm not a member here but heard good things about them, the races they've organised always are friendly affairs, could be worth a look, you certainly won't be anywhere near the bck of the group with those times!

Centurions

good luck!

• Hinkel - solihull RC is based at tudor grange liesure centre, or if you don't mind travelling a few miles down the road, Bournville Harriers are local, VERY friendly and cater for every level. There are a few Forumites who are memebers.

take a look here

Symes - how are you old friend long time no see. (fantastic year?) well done mate. Exactly a year ago you were talking about try a tri now look at you, Top man

• Hi M1 - Cheers chap, bit of a shock really, at least it shows that if I put my mind to it I can get things done, bloody expensive year though! trouble is I've now got a time to aim at in every tri distance, oh dear a monster has been created!

Congrats on your Big Woody too top effort

Hope the Stratford ultra goes well for you, I've been lurking but not contributed yet as I'm possibly away all day, if that falls through and you need any help I'll be along to offer my services, fnar fnar!

Sorry Hinkel for hijacking your thread!  image

• Hinkel, I work in Solihull and often run in the area, and am about your speed. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to meet up for a run or two image

Centurions is the club that would spring to my mind too.

• Solihull & Small Heath AC, meet at Norman Green Athletics Centre next to Tuder Grange Swimming Baths on a Tues 6:30 & Thurs 6:30 ;0)
  • Hello  , I live in Solihull also and can jog  for aprox 40 mins max-I am a beginner and jog slow. I have often seen a team of ladies in bright pink tracksuits jogging down Blossomfield road. It looks like some kind of ladies running club...any ideas anyone?

• Hi Nicola

The group is Soul Runners - you can find more info on the Solihull Active website.  Very friendly group for women of all ages, sizes and abilities!

• Hello all..

I am completely new to this website and to running as well....Having had a knee injury couple of years ago..I kind off quit running completely..

I am ready to start again and was interested in joining a runners club!..Read about Soul Runners above and will be contacting them shortly..

I live off Solihull Lane and if any beginners are interested in joining me for a run...do let me know.

Thanks

Vrush

• soul Runners Solihull - Sheldon 

we run tuesdays and thursdays at 7pm, we are a women only running group for women of all ages, shapes and sizes. we have total beginners group, a walk/run 5k to half marathon and a Run only 5k to half marathon group.

our website address is www.SoulRunnersSolihull.com if this link does not work copy paste in your browser.

any info call Kim & Karen 07522474886