Blisters on blisters!

Bought my latest pair of running shoes in April, and they're brilliant apart from one thing: I get a really bad blister every time I wear them under the arch of my right foot. I've tried a variety of different socks, and the shoes are well broken in, but they just won't stop rubbing in this one place. My previous shoes did it too, but they did stop eventually.

I'm not sure whether I'm doing permanent damage to my foot by allowing blisters to develop on top of existing blisters - even if I'm not, it's not very pretty to look at and is slightly painful by the end of a run. The skin underneath has gone hard, but the blisters still keep forming, either wearing through the hard skin or right beside it. What can I do? I'm not in the market for a new pair of shoes, so any suggestions other than that most welcome!

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Compeed blister plasters? They weld themselves onto the skin and take a few days to drop off, by which time the blister has healed (well, in your case it may take more than one, if there is a lot of damage). They take the pressure off the affected area too, and make running with blisters much less painful.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I don't know how much you've experimented with the socks? Recently I had the same problem after buying new shoes and fixed it by changing from the standard 1000 Mile sock to the Tactel lined version. Bit on the pricey side, although cheaper than new shoes...