Options

Personal Traners

Hi all,

I'm looking into a career move and training as a personal trainer and sports massage. Im based in North Worcestershire and have been recomended premier global training in dudley. Can anyone recomend any other training centres or colleges?

Comments

• Options
    you need to look for Shambler or Fat Face ...  they will be able to help you

but it may be passed their bedtime!
  • Options

Check out FutureFit.

Not as expensive as Premier. Don't know how they compare in quality of training, but they got me through REPS level 2 no probs. They run courses in Gloucester amongst other places.

• Options

thanks. I will bump this tomoz and hope they see it.

• Options
    cheers 'Dad of Two'. I will look into them as they have several training centres in birmingham.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
  • Options

I'm awake.

Yep, I used Premier Training in Liverpool to do mine. It was quite intensive ie 12 weeks full time but it was very enjoyable. It was suprising how much knowledge that you pick up as you go through life and could then relate it to what we were being taught.

Go for it.

• Options

Morning all thanks for the replies.

My companies i have shortlisted for training are:

-premier, ymca, focus, futurefit, and a local college. Its all a bit confusing knowing which trainer will provide the best training and career information.

They all seem to be accredited by various organisations but as long as they are REP accredited i suppose thats all that matters??

Fat Face - Did you did the diploma in PT with Sports massage? I have looked at that but the £4k cost and 12weeks full time study would mean quiting my current job.

Do you work for yourself our a company?

Thanks

Shaw

• Options

Well Premier and the YMCA claim to be the "GOLD" standard for fitness courses (whatever that may mean). I looked into the YMCA as well but their course was one week on and one week off, so would effectively have taken twice as long. Quitting work wasn't a problem for as I had already been made redundant so I had plenty of time on my hands.

I'm in the process of setting up my own business BTW but will probably do a bit of both.

• Options
    Cheers Fat face. I may ring them up ask why they are the 'GOLD' standard. Maybe an interesting response.
  • Options

I'm Premier trained too, quit my job for it. As FF says the amout of knowledge you pick up is amazing.

Most places should offer open evenings. I sat in a lesson for 40mins with Premier and at the YMCA there was an open eve which was very imformative. I chose Premier because I felt the age of the students suited me better and as for the cost - being a single Mum 4K isnt something I find sitting around, I took a Career Development Loan which has very low intrest and you dont start paying back untill 1 month after you finish your course, and while your studying the DfEE pay the intrest.

Good luck with what ever route you choose and I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that will help you on the way image

• Options

Thanks Miss P.

I have requested prospectuses from premier, futurefit, ymca and focus. I will have a good look through and see who offers the best training.

I did speak to a gentleman at future fit today and was very helpful and provided me with some beneficial guidiance.

• Options

I did the premier pt and sports massage - pt is a bit hit and miss at the moment but working as massage therapist in osteopathy clinic is going well. The premier course is excellent but it is a tough 12 weeks - I'd recommend it.