Number Swapping/Selling

Please note that swapping or selling of race numbers isn't actually allowed - unless otherwise stated in race entry details or you have the express permission of the organiser. So we'd rather that you didn't post threads with numbers for offer, as we simply have to remove them.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Rob

Comments

• If we get permission from the organisers first and say we do on the thread, can we do it then?
  • LestradeLestrade ✭✭✭
    I got permission for the Stamford 30k
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Quite right Rob. I have in the past been offered places in FLM, always refused, if I can't run as me legitimately I don't want to take part. Also serious medical issue should something go wrong.
  • As we don't have the time to verify with race organisers that you have spoken to them then we would prefer that you simply do not offer numbers on this site at all. As SHADES points out there could be serious medical (and insurance) issues should something bad happen to a runner wearing another runner's number. Sorry to be a bore, but rules is rules!
  • I've got your number...

118 118...
  • HA! Wrong, its 11 88 88!
  • Duuuuuuuuuuur!

It's actually 118 500... I think I need to lie down for a bit...
  • Anyway, why are you swapping numbers? Auction them on Ebay.
  • NO! NO! NO!
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭
    The exception to all tis has to be the Grizzly, where Axe Valley Runners positively encourage re-use of entries on their web site.

They cater for the medical/emergency side by insisting that you register the swap with them.

I offered a spare place for a friend on the forum earlier this year & nobody removed the thread.
  • Hi, I'm looking for advice on running a race with somebody else's entry - has anybody done it? is it a problem?

The reason I ask is that I've been offered a number for a half marathon at the weekend because the original runner is injured and can't defer - would I be doing anything morally wrong by running the race? I just plan on turning up, running and going home with no ulterior motives (but hopefully the race t-shirt!!) and I won't be anywhere near winning either.
  • So you've resurrected a fifteen year old thread and then haven't read it! 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    maccaderbyshire - Don't do it.  If you and the person whose number you are using are found out then you could both be banned from UKA/EA events for a year.  Some running clubs will also exclude any members that have done such a stupid thing.

Morally it's wrong too.  You say there are no deferments, what about a transfer with the organiser's approval, have you asked?