Wiggle

Are they still any good?  I used to use them all the time for cycling stuff a few years ago and their delivery and customer service was always first class.  I'm just wondering if that's still the case?

Comments

• still good but make sure they have stock first or it can be a wait and they don't keep you up to speed on delivery

but there are others as good - for bike stuff (especially MTB) go to www.chainreactioncycles.com as they have a bigger range
  • I agree totally

If in stock - very quick delivery

If not in stock - don't bother - their stock is also not real time - so check your order when it goes through - if it says out of stock then cancel it.  This is not a major problem as you don't pay until its dispatched

• I think Wiggle is one of the best online retailers out there, on a par with Amazon for me.  Great service weather you are ordering a £4.00 tube of ZYM or a £200 Gore Jacket.  Free delivery always arrives a couple of days later and you know before you order if the item is in stock.  They also take PAYPAL so you could sell a load of tat on eBay and then buy stuff from Wiggle.  I know we runners are always wanting to buy running gear. 

• I like Wiggle, but always check Likeys.com first to see if they've got what I want, better customer service, cheaper (usually) and fast delivery. Plus I like supporting the little guy.
  • I always think they are a bit expensive, unless you are getting something that is on offer.
  • Just got a Polar HRM from them - reduced by c.20%. Ordered it on Friday & it was on the doorstep on Monday. No complaints.

I think Sweatshop have improved........... I ordered a Ron Hill w/proof then read postings saying they're useless. Sure enough the first email I got said out of stock & they would search their other stores then send express delivery - here we go I thought - but it was there the following day, 4 days total. 

• I find Sweat Shop fantastic, not online but in their actual shops.  I came away happy I'd spent £120 on the best stuff for me as opposed to the most expensive stuff, their advise was fantastic.
  • I'm not knocking their expertise, MF, it's just that their online rep was wobbly, though I had a good result
  • Wiggle delivery has taken a bit of a downturn recently.  They now no longer use a sole courier, in the past they only used Royal Mail, now they use Royal mail or City Missing Link. 

CL are not brilliant, In my case their nearest depot is 45 miles away, Royal mail used to leave it with neighbours or the Village Post office.

still that is the only problem i have had in 3 years of using them, not the quickest at returning emails either, they do not have a phone number (published)

DR 

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got any contact details for Wiggle beyond the standard sales email on site? Ideally a phone number or a direct email for anyone senior there. Been shafted by Wiggle over an order and they have gone completely silent on me.
  • This has worked in the past - 023 9231 4813

No idea if its current.

I do like wiggle - fast delivery for me and Royal Mail. Not like Evans who use a courier with a base 40 miles away from me !
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I've never had a single issue with Wiggle and used them loads.  I'm not a big fan of Haribo though, if anyone wants a packet or six?

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

wiggle don't always cut it on price these days - certainly not on items I checked recently but then they are owned by an investment company now and they will want bigger profits.

• And I didn't get any Haribo with my last Wiggle order 

• I did !

Always a good idea to shop around though.
  • And Little Sis got 3 bags with her last order ! image

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's going to take a hell of a lot of Haribo for me to ever use them again. Thanks for the number cougie. Not able to get through though.
  • I have ordered shoes from Wiggle for the wife, to be delivered here in Denmark.  That was last Thursday, so they have one day to be wthin their KPI.

Didn't know that they used City Link in the UK now - that's a reason not to use them.  I had to have a parcel sent back to another UK company when CL tried to deliver to my brother twice (they said) then emailed me saying that future attempts would be charged at £5 per time.  Or my brother could go on a 52 mile round-trip to their nearest depot.  A shitty company and any other company using them won't get my business.image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

If I got that sort of crap from a delivery company, I'd tell them to take the goods back to the supplier.

I get around delivery problems by having my stuff delivered to my office, so I never have any problems.

I've used Wiggle a fair amount, and they've always been good.  I do like free delivery!  I know that I just pay for it in the price of the goods, but they still work out cheapest sometimes.  

I always shop around before I order, though!

• Wilkie, I did!  And I told the company that by using CityLink, they've lost a customer.

As an aside, my Wiggle delivery arrived today - free post to Denmark - not often we get offered that!  Top marks, Wiggle!image