Greenwich runners sought

Hi, my name is Ash. I started running in preparation for the Sept Nike 10k. Did it, enjoyed it and want to keep on keeping on.

My next "big" (i.e. personal big!) target is to run a half marathon by the end of the year or early next year. After that the Chicago marathon later on in 2003.

Are there any people local to Greenwich that run regularly? I belong to Fitness First and have only run on treadmills as training and know I need to get out more.

I get back from work around 7:15 p.m.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Ash

I live a few miles from Greenwich & often run there on Sundays but not midweek. Can't do the next 2 weeks but would be happy to run after that.

If you don't get much response to this, try posting in the General forum - I think that that one is more popular.

Gavo
  • Ash

I live nearby, but very rarely do midweek running. What it might be worth doing is actually joining a running club. Most clubs have an evening run of varying paces. Cambridge Harriers train over in Kidbrooke. Kent AC train over at Ladywell, plus there's of course Blackheath Harriers. ALL abilities are normally welcomed at running clubs.

Good luck.