10k & 1/2M in Brighton

A v.good friend of mine has just made a commitment to start running with a target of a marathon within 2 years - to celebrate, I'm planning to enter her into a 10k, then send her the race number as a suprise 'present'.

So, any thoughts on a decent (for a first timer) 10k around October/November, and a spring half, in or around Brighton? I've tried the race diary, it doesn't seem to go that far ahead.

Ta.

Comments

• Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    I'll b-o-i-n-g the Brighton 10k (November race) thread up for you Slowboy..
  • The Brighton half marathon is held at the end of February. The first half is flat along the prom, then there are a few testing hills along the cliffs towards Rottingdean, followed by an off road section and the finish on the seafront. It's a good race with plenty of atmosphere and usually has about 750 entrants. Apart from the hills, the main problem is dodging the pedestrians on the prom!
  • Try this link too www.bhrunners.here-on-the.net. They have excellant links to local races for your area.

If you friend would like to run with a women's running group try this. www.brightonandhoverunningsisters.org.uk

We welcome women of all abilities and run two beginner's courses a year, the next one starting in October. But she might be a bit advanced by then!

There is also Hastings Half in March.