Help! Tax problems

I get the feeling here that I am up a gum tree image

I have been in contact with my a/c about sorting out my tax return. he wants to know how many days I spent in teh UK during my contract in Germany (09/06-09/07) and what the dates were.

Since I didn't keep a record of this, quite frankly I am f***ed. I have deleted all my flight confirmations that Ryanair sent me. I have asked Hotmail if they would still have copies of those e-mails on their servers, but quite frankly I am not hopeful. Sometimes I stayed at a B&B in London, sometimes I didn't, so asking them for the nights I stayed would be only of limited use.

I suppose I could ask Ryanair (they were the only airline I flew with when coming back home), but somehow I think they'd be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I did tot it up in my head while I was out in Germany that I was coming home roughly once a month for the weekend, so that's one whole day back in UK, times 12 is 12. Plus 3 weeks off for Christmas, 21, plus I had another week in UK as holiday that's 7, total is 40, no that doesn't sound right.

Bloody hell, how am I going to get out of this one, it's hopeless image

Plus a/c asked if I'd kept copy of P85 I'd sent to HMRC, he wasn't too pleased when I said I hadn't. So thyen I phone HMRC asking if they could send me a copy, and the bloke at the other end spoke to me as if I was up to something dodgy.

Oh somebody please help, what a great big f***ing mess! image 

Comments