Knole Park

I've recently discovered the delights of Knole park as a training venue. I work occasional split shifts in the area, and use the time between shifts to run around the park.

I was just wondering if any other forumites use it during the daytime and fancy some company.

Either that, or a local club. PM shifts finish at 6, so club evenings would fit nicely.

Comments

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    I run in Knole Park most days, but as you're a bloke you'll be too fast for me!  Sevenoaks AC do evening runs on  a Tuesday I think, so worth contacting them.
  • Always amuzing is showing up for yearly KFL cross country in Knole Park, parking your car at the leisure centre and watching the people inside on the treadmill while it's nice and sunny outside (the last 2 years anyway) and a few hundred runners are making their way into the park...

Do they realise there's a gorgeous park right next to the leisure centre?

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's always puzzled me too - all the people on the treadmills, literally about 100 metres away from a beautiful thousand-acre deer park with gorgeous views at every turn.  There's nowt as queer as folk.
  • Would be such a shame for them to get their nice shoes and kit a bit dirty. Bless!

I'm definitely not a fast bloke, Slo Sho! Have recently been too focussed and driven by marathon training to enjoy it that much though. That single run around the park certainly re ignited my love of the sport. Thanks for the tip re the club. I've checked their website and it looks great.

I'm off to rota myself some more split shifts........................

• I often run in Knole Park - tis lovely and very near my home. A great place for wildlife as well as the not-very-wild-at-all deer. Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve off the A25 is another good place to run - flat trails around the lakes and through woodland. I also belong to the leisure centre and do warm up on the treadmills sometimes when I visit the gym... but I'd always pick the park or the wildfowl reserve for a proper run!
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    I do most of my running in Knole. I haven't done a Tuesday club run with Sevenoaks AC for ages but hope to when it's light enough to get into the park again.
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    slo sho, were you by any chance coaching a group of ladies in Knole on Saturday morning about 10ish (leading them in a line up the valley) ?