London Marathon - Runners & Supporters 2008

Comments

• I am in group  8 as well but cannot find it have i missed it?

I will be wearing a top with Liz on the front and my number is 26180 I would love some support as my husband and son will probably miss me lol. I would love a couple of jelly babies and a shout thankyou  kindly and if some could let me know where you are group 8 that would be great .

• C'mon Group 6 - I have updated the xls but still need more info!!!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hi

My name is TR

I dont have a Pirate Monaco yet as its still being manufactured. So I'm wearing the orange singlet from my avatar. My number is 18020.

This is my first Marathon and I'm aiming for 2:55 so should go past mile 17 in 1:53 ish

I have no special needs, but a cheer would be ace.

Thanks
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Oops

that makes ETA at mile 17 as 11:38 - ish.

• Hey, thanks Woj, it'll be good image)
  • X-KKDX-KKD ✭✭✭

Still to hear from

Marathon Man 1
    Matthew & Lucy Newman
    Tubbyrunner
    TLP
    Pammie

Could you please shuffle over to Support Group 8 and let us know what you'd like at Mile 17?

Cheers ma Dears!!

• Have only just noticed this(where have i been) and think its a wonderful idea, not in london this year but will look out for the thread next. All the best to all for sunday 13th.
  • I'm running next Sunday (number 5285), hoping for 3:45 to 3:59 (although the time I put in my official entry form was much slower so will be in a start pen a long way back!)

Please can you allocate me to one of the RW support groups - this is a fantastic concept.  I know that I can't fit enough 'stuff' (well gels mostly) in the pocket of my shorts so being able to leave some with a supporter to pick up late on in the race would be wonderful.

• Calling Group 6 where are you?

We would like some more info from the following, please let us know if you need anything. If you are fine still let us know.

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR image

Babciaruns

Dave Whittle nos

Dollie

Hairy Thistle

Ian M

Kevin Wood 14

MrsR

Sam

TortieT

• Wojster...................... hows it hanging mate, haven't seen you for ages !!!!!

Will catch up with you next week after I finish at Rotherhithe[as long as they don't have the same probs as last year on the DLR]

• Hi Nicko, yep back  on the forum and happy to be offering the support. You doing the Mile 11 spot again?

May see you after then. 

• I get there
    Lucy Newman
    Podds
    Scoobs
    Tracy Anderson

Please come to support group 7's thread here  and tell us
    what you look like, how fast you run, how the training's going,

and what special treats you want at mile 17...

so we can have them ready for you

• I think I've been forgotten image

details on page 27 but I will repeat or should I shout!

Valley runner / Sally

37551 wearing bright yellow MACS vest with SAL on it and a bright yellow tutu just in case no one sees me.....  image

Estimated time of arrival at mudchute 1 pm ish

Special needs.   A boot up the backside....pleeese. x

• me too image

Forum name: Pobelle
    Name: Pauline
    Race number: Wont know until the 12th
    Estimated time to mile 17: 3hr - 3hr30min (11m/m ish!)
    What you'll be wearing: bright yellow leukaemia research vest with name on the front

• Hi Pobelle

perhaps we could start our own group "The Forgotten Runners"  or "The Ones That Got away"

But I am sure BB will sort it out soon...........BB?

• page 27 wasn't  a good page to be on
  • OK all.  The position of the RW Forum Supporters has been confirmed as the usual spot outside the Mudchute DLR station.  There was some debate about this as there were loads of hoardings in the way a couple of weeks ago as part of construction work they are doing on the DLR but these have been moved so the usual spot is now clear - HOORAY. image

I have some photos of the area so you'll have a better idea of what to look out for and where we'll be but I can't figure out how to get them up on here...

I'll email them to Barley - Barley, can you add them?

Ta

• Barley - fingers crossed - you have mail!!
  • Pobelle and Valley runner - you're welcome in group 4.

We appear to have lost a couple Group 4 this way

• Is it too late to join in? How do I sign up?  I only dip into the forum from time to time, but have always really appreciated the help and support.   Forum name: Sore Toes
    Name: Jo
    Race number: 1231 (5 time reject)
    Estimated time to mile 17: about 3hrs 30 Wearing: Marie Curie Cancer Care vest Special requests: just some encouragement - remind me that I really can do it! Thank you! 
  • Kayvee thats excellent woooohoooo all systems go with usual spot..  I didnt get the email which confirms I def have a problem with my ISP i'll try ringing them tomorrow.

Can you resend to my back up email   Bart_975@hotmail.com

Runners adding to this thread since Friday - I'll add you all to support groups tomorrow.

• Mike ... Podds isnt running this year,  I doubt the old fool will remember adding her name

• You've got mail Barley...

Just watched "Black Sheep" - tee hee - very funny...!

• m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

I'm expo-ing on Thursday.

Remind me, where do I need to leave stuff for supporters?

Ta, Mitts

• At the RW stand Mitten.

Speaking of which, I just checked back and think this is where we got to with tasks etc - there's still a couple of gaps...:

Balloons - Barley (100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow)
    Helium - Barley has procured large cyclinder
    Location near Mudchute to store helium cylinder - Kayvee - email me to agree how to get it to mine!
    100's small plastic bags - Aitch
    Jelly Babies, Banana's, Jaffa Cakes etc (we need lots and lots of these) -
    Granny Denny - will drop off half a dozen bags of jelly babies at Expo
    LE - will bring a few bunches of bananas but not enough for whole jungle!
    Aitch will bring sweets (If I can be trusted not to eat them)
    10 x Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)
    Large (8'x6') "Runners World 100 yards ahead" sign - Kayvee
    Runners World banners and other goodies (to be collected from expo)
    Someone assertive to reserve/guard support position from 8.30am 13th April - Kayvee - but would welcome company!!
    First aid kit inc vaseline etc Mrs Pig
    2 large balls string - IronMin, LE
    2 pairs scissors - IronMin, LE
    Horns, Whistles, Rattles, Megaphone   wabo will get horns and whistles
    Camera/camera person, losts of space on card Mrs Pig and Aitch
    Binliners - Sweetest Thing, LE
    2 large rolls gaffer tape - IronMin,
    25x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs)
    Supporter's to visit expo Friday and a couple to visit on Saturday to collect items and bring to Mudchute-
    LE on Friday possibly; beanz on Saturday; Kayvee can do last thing on Sat but don't leave me too much!!

• Hi Woj

Group 6 checking in as requested - Sam here

Just a couple of jelly babies and a cheer will do for me thanks!  I am very very slow and expect to be at mile 17 somewhere between 1 and 1 45 ish.  My number is 17168 and I'm wearing a blue Cancer Research vest with my name on it.   I will be the one with a scarlet face.

thanks very much supporters this is such a great idea and you are all angels for giving up your time.

how exciting can't imagine how nervous I am going to be this time next week! 

• This is fantastic stuff....I promised to report back with my number...I'm 35778.  Looking forward to being allocated a support group too...

If you want to see what I look like - there's a very old post GNR picture on my justgiving site!  Add about a stone and a couple of years....

• I've got some whistles and horns as wellimage drop them off on friday  ,along with the jellybabys and jaffa cakes .

Looks like it going to be a great party !! 

• Thanks Kayvee, I got you're email.

Clearly the hoardings have moved so we'll stay at the usual spot just on the left past the zebra crossing.

• Confirmation of support area position

The supporters will be at the usual location on the left hand side of the road by the railings after the pedestrian crossing next to Mudchute DLR Station (The hoardings have now been moved)

http://www.barleygb.co.uk/MudchuteMerge.jpg

http://www.barleygb.co.uk/Mudchute04.jpg

http://www.barleygb.co.uk/Mudchute03.jpg