Hastings 100th Anniversary Marathon

Comments

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Morning Hipps, have a great weekend in Connemara, what pb's are you aiming for this weekend image.

By the way this is an early morning for me.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Morning SL image  Hipps too, have a good run.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Morning Cinders, I'm going to redo that schedule this morning so I'll e-mail you later.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Ta muchly, need some help!
  • Cinders, forgive me if I am wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be, but did you recently have a baby? I'm sure you will remember if you have. I seem to remember from the Thanet 10 mile run last winter that one of you TRRAC'ies? was expecting. If yes, what did you have? and did it come out with iddy biddy ASICS on?
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    lol Muttley, indeedy I did and Thomas is now 12 weeks old.  He much prefers his Sauconys though image
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Did you ever get that baby jogger Cinders, seems like you're managing ok without one if not, all mums need quality 'me' time, even if thier babies are over 21 image.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Still keeping an eye on ebay etc for one SL.   Can't use one till little man is about 4 months old or has better head control but looking forward to getting out and about with one, spesh if the weather is nice (well hoping its not like last year !! )
  • Oh well done and heartiest congratulations. Nice name too.
  • I thought Saucony was just a wee bit pretentious.........
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Gan you get running buggies for overpronation image.  I'll keep my eyes open on freecycle too Cinders. 
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the list has been updated yet with the RW online entries?????

Last long run this weekend before I start the taper for the Shakespere, I'm certainly looking froward to a bit of a  rest as I'm permenantly knackered these days!

Have a good weekends running/racing everyone.

• BB ✭✭✭

No SL they haven't updated yet - I entered on 31st March and am still not on the list so I expect there are lots of other RW entries to add. It's so easy to enter races isn't it - perhaps too easy ... I have now entered 2 marathons and have never run more than 14 miles todateimage Looking forward to my long runs being over the summer though ...

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Should be nice if we get a bit of decent weather B image
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Yes B, its too easy to enter online, especially if you know your card details of by heart, you don't need to move and suddenly a few minutes afterwards you think EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK, what have I done.   However, if you're like me the very fact that you've already paid for it makes you do the training and finish the race!

I'd not thought about long runs in the summer, that'll be a novelty image.

Nearly there cinders, only one bit of skirting and the door then I can start on the schedule.  I've got to do one for myself to include the ultra-runs, I'll send it to you so you can have a laugh at my expense image.

• Thanks for the good wishes for our weekend running/racing, Sunluver.  Think of me as I run up Target Valley (gasp!) and other hills in the Arundel Park 10k tomorrow!  Nice, hilly 10k, am using it as a fitness test, amongst other runs, for the Edinburgh Marathon on 25th May. 
  • Mr Finknottle. How did the run go? If it still took place, it must have been a very scenic run through all that snow.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Mr Finknottle, how did it go.  Did you need skis to get up the valley!   Its still snowing here, were only a short way away from Arundel.

I didn't get out for my run, got up at 7.30 and felt exhausted and achey so went back to bed and woke up at midday.    I've started sneezing and sniffing now so probalby getting a cold, hope it dosen't hang around.

just watching the gymnastics on tv, they make it look so effortless, oh to be so graceful........

• The race was cancelled, at 8:45 it was dry then it started to rain and 10 minutes later there was about 2 inches of snow and then it was called off.
  • Yep, that's about the size of it.  I got to Crossbush and the sleet had just started.  Then it snowed like hell after that.  Managed to park at fhe car park and sought out a race marshall, who told me the event was cancelled.  Really disappointed in view of this freak snow storm.  Was so looking forward to it; however, I was given to understand that the top of Target Valley was a white sheen with visibility of only 15 yards.  It would have been really unsafe.

However, when it's back to normal, I might just try the route, as far as I can either later this week or next week, to see how things go.  It's the taking part of an event that has taken the shine off proceedings. 

No chance of re-scheduling, so have opted for a refund.  Race number torn up.  image

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

SL, have you changed your name?

Wow, all  this snow.  We've had our annual 2 flakes down here!

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

never mind mr F, theres always next year image.

Yes Cinders, I've just changed the spelling, every other forum I'm go on its spelt like this so I thought it was easierimage.  Its still the same old me though.

• Has anyone noticed that the Hastings 100th Anniversary Marathon, held in 2004, has had a review?  I think the only runner was Snoop Dogg.   Oh well ........................... 

Has anyone told Eric Hardwick yet?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

lol, where's that review!

Ah glad its still you SL image

• Just go to the event page on RW, look up this event, AND THERE IT IS!!!

It might be a misplaced review for the Hilly Hastings Half!!

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    The list has gone up to almost 350 entrants and I'm still not there.  RW aren't   normally so slow getting your details from RW to the race organisers are they?????  I've entered online for a race  midweek and my number has been ready and waiting for me on the day.   I've got my confirmation and they've got my money so I'm not worried, it would just be nice to see my name on the list.
  • I'm sitill not on the list either.   So.......  I sent Enquiries@SportSystems.net an email asking how they populate their lists and would postal entries and those from runners world be included!

I'll keep you all informed.  image

• Thanks Capt, I have just had a look and I am not there either!
  • A Response

We are sorry, but we’re only responsible for the online entries received through the custom-built store that we created for the event and all the postal entries. All the entries received so far via these routes are published on the current entry list at www.sportsystems.net/hastingsmarathon.

However, we’re still waiting for the organisers to send us any entries taken via Runners World which is outside of our control. Once we have this data we’ll process it and re-publish the entry list.

So just down to the organisers to get the list over!!!!

Not worried anymore, but it would be nice to see my name in print! 

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Ta for that CP!  Does that mean if their own site reaches the 1000 mark then any entered via RW and not uploaded would be too late?