Where's my vest - not impressed!

I have just been on to Wasp sports to try and track down my URWFRC vest.

I ordered it months ago and when it turned up it was too small (their fault not mine) I contacted them and they said "No problem, return it and we'll send you a bigger one" Great I thought.
That was a month and a half ago.

I have just been told by them that they have to do it as part of a big order and they have been waiting for the full order to come through blah blah blah.
They have yet again fobbed me off with "You should have it in a few weeks time" I'm gutted, I'm doing the Great South Run and desperately wanted to wear the vest, I know there is still 'a few weeks' before the run but based on Wasp's 'few weeks' I'll be lucky to have it by Christmas.

Is there anything you can do Lamby I really will be gutted if I don't have it for race day.

PS. If I sound like I'm 'having a go' then I apologise, I'm just very frustrated and wished I'd kept the original (too small) one.

Comments

• Hi Homer,

I have now officially taken over as kit sec from the lamb so if you have any queries, you can direct them to me now.

I am actually in the same boat as yourself. I sent mine back as well (as did a couple of others) and they planned to do them when the second order came through. They have now got the second order and are doing it at the moment.

I spoke to them on Friday and they told me that they expected them to be ready in 2 weeks, which means you would (just about!) get it for the GSR.

I will get on the phone to them and pin them down on when they will be done. I will also see if they can get yours sorted and dispatched first (directly to you) seeing as you want it for GSR. What size are you wanting the (new) vest to be?

Sorry it's been a wait - I'll do my best for you from now on.

DW
  • DW

be aware that there are other orders floating round that i think lamby has

it was all around big chested males (remember?)
  • WWR,

I am aware that there were some that went back to Wasp because they were too small. Lamby has passed all the necessary details on to me and all the other information I need is on the URWFRC.

DW
  • hope my order hasn't gone astray
  • DW,
    what was that you were saying about your job being straghtforward?!
  • Hi Dog Walker,

You are very brave taking on this role and good luck with it. Thanks Lamb for all your hard work too.
    I am also awaiting a replacement for the vest I sent back a few weeks ago. I would also like mine for the GSR, if you can pull some strings. I sent back a 34 (ladies) and requested a 38 (based on how small they were).
  • I'm not a big chested male, but I am waiting for my vest also (which was a new order not a mixed-up one). I cannot remember what size I ordered (doh!)

Many thanks to Lamb and DW !

Regards
    Amanda
  • All,

Bloody hell!!! What have I taken on?!?!?

Okay, let's deal with each individual query...

Mij, your order hasn't gone astray. If it was one of the new orders, then they are all being done at the moment and should be with you within 3 weeks (maximum according to Wasp.)

Fat girl slim, I know, it's wonderful isn't it that saying these things always comes back to find you out in the end!?

Lyn, I will try and hurry yours through as well then seeing as it was a return also.

AmandaP, Wasp have told me they will be dispatched to me in about 2 weeks so, as with mij, you should have it shortly after that.

Hope this is all clear. Basically, if you have placed a new order, you should have it in a little over two weeks. Homer Hart and Lyn, seeing as yours were returns and you want them for GSR, I will try and get Wasp to get these sorted first so you can get them in time. I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best.

Feel free to post again or email me if you have any further questions.

DW
  • Thanks very much DW, for trying. Hopefully I will receive it soon

• Dog Walker - thanks - you deserve a medal - but I promise you a pint the first time we race at the same event.
  • Hi DW,

Are you able to tell whether my order went off with the last one which I think was going to have been about 3 weeks ago. As I went away on holiday after sending the cheque and on the RWFRC site the check order is not currently working.

Thanks, Paul
  • I sent mine direct to Wasp as it was too small (they only rec'd 5 back when apparently all of the first order was made too small). I spoke to them a week or more ago and they told me it would be 2 weeks from then. I don't need mine until Sept 15th and they assured me I'd get it for then.

DW - mine should be coming straight back to me so there should be no involvement for you. If its of any help I'm only a half an hour or so away from Wasp.
  • Paul,

Swiss is doing some maintenance on the web site this afternoon, so the vest order functionality is currently offline. I was looking through the lists this morning and am fairly sure I saw your name amongst the current order, so you should get it in 2 or 3 weeks. I will confirm this when the web site is operational again though.

Oldbones,

I too am of the understanding that the five returns (sounds like Homer Hart, Lyn, yourself, me and someone else?) are being sent directly to the purchaser. Seeing as Homer and Lyn want theirs for GSR, I am going to monitor Wasp's progress with them closely to make sure they arrive on time.

DW
  • Ok DW, thanks for your prompt reply,

Regards, Paul
  • Paul,

The web site is up again. I have checked your order and it is indeed included in the current batch. You are down for one 42" vest and two medium T-shirts. Let me know if this isn't correct.

DW
  • DW while your at it, do you know how long mine will be before it arrives. Sorry to be a pain
  • It is probably better if I try and clarify the situation for everybody.

The current batch/order is currently with Wasp and is being processed at the moment. Current estimates are that they will be dispatched from Wasp to ME in approximately 2 weeks. I will then sort the orders and dispatch to individuals as soon as I get them, so add maybe 2 or 3 days to that and you are looking at about 2.5 weeks (ball park figure!).

Exceptions to this are the five people who ordered in the first batch who have received their vests and sent them back to Wasp as they are too small. I believe that Wasp are dispatching these cases DIRECTLY to the individuals when they are done. I am also trying to chase Wasp up to try and get them to make these orders top priority on the basis that the people concerned have been waiting over 6 weeks for them and as a couple of people have said they want them for the Great South Run.

Hope this clarifies things.

Post again or email me if you have any further queries.

DW
  • Just an idea, Dog Walker - but would it make life more bearable if say there were regular set dates for which orders have to be received - eg the 1st of April, 1st September, 1st December or something - so that everyone knows when there's an order being put together - so hopefully it will be easier to get a bulk order together - and also so that you have a bit of a life in between ?
  • DW, That is right 1 x 42", and 2 x t-shirt.

SS, that sounds like a good idea, I reckon DW may go along with that.

Paul
  • Blimey I didn't realise I'd start this much of a problem by creating this thread!
    Sorry DW.
    Just to clarify, I returned mine direct to Wasp and asked that they returned it direct to me. I would rather this as it will obviously save time and your stress levels DW.
    I originally ordered a size 44 as my chest measurement is actually 44. I usually have suits in a size 46 but obviously for a running vest I ordered a 44 so that it wouldn't be too baggy. The 44 that I originally received was very snug - I don't know if the original one was a genuine 44 - in which case I would need a 46 or if the original 44 was actually the wrong size in which case a genuine size 44 would still be right.
    I sent them a letter explaining all this so hopefully they will be able to get it right. If it arrives and it's the wrong size again after all this waiting I will probbaly just give up running altogether!!!!
    No not really.
    DW could you clarify the situation and e mail me.
  • Hi Homer Hart,

This is not 100% guaranteed, but I believe a lot of the first batch were (you could say) slightly tight, therefore your 44" would be more like a 42" or even a 40". I believe from previous postings by The Lamb that they (wasp) were made aware of this and so that if you have ordered your normal size now that it should be ok!

I in fact got my vest due to someone that ordered their one originally but it turned out to be too smal but it was fine for me, lucky! Therefore in my current order I ordered a vest for him as a replacement (it saved returning yet another).

Regards, Paul
  • Right, you lot! DW is doing a stirling job, but there seem to be a few things that need clarifying:

1) Wasp cut and print our vests TO ORDER, ordering/sending one back is not like Kay's catalogue! If you want kit designed exactly to our specification, with Jason's stylish logo etc. you just have to be prepared to wait. The returns are a different issue, this was a factory mistake caused by having another club's order in the factory at the same time that had identical colours to ours. They have been delayed by adding the new order on to make one large order. Just goes to show you can't keep everyone happy, because the new order would have had to wait otherwise and they would have complained!

2) A minimum order of 18 for vests and 12 for t-shirts (incl. min 3 of each size) is required. It may take time to reach this figure, so please don't expect to order and receive the vest immediately. This is the case with all 'bespoke' kit orders unless a club orders a stock, which we don't have the finances to do...

3) I didn't think the returns would be sent direct, but I may be wrong. DW and I are both in this situation and still waiting.

4) I have not ordered ANY t-shirts yet as we have not reached the minimum order, however, as they only need printing, they can be delivered a lot quicker than vests.

5) We're doing this in our own time, so please be patient with queries.

I hope this clarifies the situation as it stands... DW will send out orders to you when received and will make a t-shirt order as and when the minimum order is reached.

Cheers,

Lamb
  • Once again a BIG Thank You to Lamb and Dog Walker for their time and efforts, without you we wouldnt even have any kit to order.

Thanks,

Paul
  • Lamb thanks for the stylish logo design quote!

All Freelance work considered :-)
  • Two things,

1. Jason is your picture moving? I can't tell what it is but it looks like it's moving or something, how did you do that?

2. Lamb I do appreciate your wonderful work getting all this kit sorted, I was there at the begining when all this running club was just a figment of our imaginations, I really wasn't having a go at you. I originally spoke to Wasp when the vest didn't fit, that was about two months ago and they gave me the impression on the phone of "Yeah send it back and we'll send you a bigger one" I had no idea that it would take two months (or more) to get the bigger one back and whatever the problem was if they cocked up the sizes of the original order then I would suggest that the minimum 18, 3 of each size etc etc goes out of the window, my vest was one of the original order which WAS placed with more than 18 and more than 3 of each size etc etc etc, they cocked up the original order so they (in my opinion) should rectify it ASAP. I am, after all, a customer and do not think Wasp have treated me very well, no criticism of any forumites whatsoever.
  • Homer, the picture is moving (it's not your eyes).

The Clanger winks and smiles as the star flashes in the sky. I did it in Adobe ImageReady. A 2 frame animation.
    Is that any help?
  • That's OK, Homer! They shouldn't have told you they could just send you another out as that wasn't the case... I know how you feel 'cos I'm still waiting for mine too, which was skin tight and the world is not ready for the sight of me in a skintight vest!!! But the vests are now being cut so fingers crossed we will be able to strut our funky stuff very soon!
  • Can't wait, better stop drinking the duff beers and eating all the doughnuts!